health anxiety pulse when i lay down

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all i suffer with health anxiety always worrying about whats going on with my body . I have noticed and drives me mad when im in bed laying down with my head on the head board on on the pillow i can hear mt heart beat in my head or in my ears does anyone else get this and no the cause . I dont like going to the doctors it sends my anxiety through the roof

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thaughts all the time. Drives me mad aswell. No idea wa causes it tho
    • Posted

Thinking something's wrong with me The tiniest thing and I know it's nothing but still drive me mad
  • Posted

I get this too, have done for years. I honestly don't think it's anything bad, but maybe asking a doctor could give confirmation?
    • Posted

Thanks for replying just knowing this happens to others sort of takes the edge off
  • Posted

I no what you mean i get sort of thaughts like if i get a warm feeling in my head i think my blood pressure had gone up . I go through stages where i check my pulse all the time check my blood pressure all the time i no i shouldnt because sometime just checking it and thinking its going to be high makes it high then i panic because is high even though i can have a resting blood pressure most times of 134/82 or lower so i dont no why i do it to my self . Then i feel or hear my pulse in my head or ear and im off again cheching pulse and blood pressure. Knowing other people have the same thing happening such as pulse in head or ear would make me feel better ..
    • Posted

I get you what you mean. Lying on my left feeling my heart beat. Sometimes I have to turn over because I can't sleep. Thinking it misses a beat or something daft like that
    • Posted

I am always checking my pulse thinking its racing away like 100+ but when i chck it properly its like normal or up slightly but cant help think at the time something is realy wrong. I am laying here now and can hear my heart beating in my head
    • Posted

It's not a nice feeling. Thinking something's wrong when you know nothing's wrong but it doesn't make the feeling go away
  • Posted

This freaks me out too, makes me panic and think theres something wrong, will be going to the doctors anyway next week so i'm going to mention it then. Seems to help if I lie on my back but not always, don't think theres anything actually wrong its probably all in my head
  • Posted

Hi darry,

I had that feeling of my pulse sounding really loud in my ear whilst lying down for several weeks. My doctor is treating me for anxiety and I told him about it but he just seemed to shrug it as if it was all part and parcel of anxiety. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.