Health anxiety returned

Posted , 4 users are following.

have been really well for a couple of years but I have started with headaches and I am thinking it is a brain tumour.  Thought my health anxiety had gone but it was just laying dormant

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try to relax and ease your mind, don't go off googling stuff or worrying yourself. I've come to realize that a lot of people with anxiety are hypochondriacs, I too am the same way. Anxiety doesn't just disappear, as you said it was probably just dormant. It comes and goes as it pleases and that's one of the reasons I hate it the most! Don't worry, maybe go get checked out to be on the safe side, doing that will also ease your mind. Good luck! I hope everything turns out okay for you. Keep us posted! 
    • Posted

Having my eyes tested, see if that helps.  It is so annoying to be like this.  I try not to google but it is difficult
    • Posted

I know that feel, hun! Trust me... It's hard to resist, but you just have to ignore it and leave it to the professionals. Doctors are awesome people and they're there for us! Everything will be fine I'm sure, best wishes. :D 
    • Posted

Yeah Mary I feel you today im having one of my off days. My heart is racing and I know its because I have flu and am sleep deprived but yet the ocd is taking over. Take one day at a time im also doing it. It never goes away it will always be there just up to us to control it
    • Posted

I feel exactly the same im on anti depressants and yet some days are tough
  • Posted

Hi Mary. Sorry you're not feeling well. The chances of you having a brain tumor are incredibly low. Headaches are very common. Are you drinking enough water? You could be dehydrated, even if you don't feel thirsty. Hope you feel better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.