Health anxiety started after I lost my stepdad

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all im new here, so here goes..

about 9 weeks ago i was having pain in the side of my boobs that went to my chest the doc took my blood and told me to bring the blood to the hosp, where i was sat waiting with this blood for about 8 hours before they took it off my and tested it. i got told they wouldnt be able to use the blood because it would be spoilt neway they did and it came back i had risk of a blood clot so i had a xhezt xray and a chest scan all normal, 2 weeks later my stepdad died unexpected from a heart attack, since i was adamant i had something wrong with my heart ive had about 3 panic attacks which when they passed made me feel so weak, my dr put me on serterline i only had one and had really bad side effects from it, i woke up early hours with a bad panic attack burning across my chest all the next day i was having bad sode effects started getting better then withdrawrel symtoms kicked in, i decided to take all herbal stuff, id get anxious out the blue and my vison would go blurry so then i thought i had a brain tumour, i had a eye test was all fine, id go dizzy and feel like i wasnt in ny own body if that makes sense as its hard to explain, then i started getting achyness in my left arm so i thought again its heart related went back to hosp they did another xray bloods etc sll fine, ive had this achyness in my left arm on and off for about 5 weeks il get it if i dont feel anxious which then makes me anxious.. im so scared of dying and leaving my two children behind, i had bloods taken on weds be ause of the achyness in arm and the receptionist rang me today and said i have to have them repeated in 4 weeks so this set me off again, i rang dr to explain he said my liver and kidneys were fine and my red and white blood cells are fine, its just the esr was 5ml high (inflamation) but its gone down since i had blood taken in august, he said its nothing tocworry about its only a little raised but i cant help worry now i have to wait 4 weeks for anoth blood test, what ive read its normal to have aches etc as its your muscles tensing when tou go into fight or flight, has any one else felt like this thankyou

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your step dad. When i lost my mother years ago i felt the same way. Its horrible losing a parent, especially when they were close. If my dad died i would not bat an eyelid because he was never there i have only seen him, twice in my life. Just find closure and tribute something in your life to memory of him. Your stepdad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.