Health anxiety symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 23,wife and mother of a 1 yr old.I just have a question. can physical symptoms of anxiety,breathlessness chest pain and general fatigue etc be present even when the negative/racing thoughts are not there?i have been having anxiety over my health alot recently for almost 5 mths.the negative thoughts of dying and stuff is slowly going away but i can still feel the anxiety physically.is it normal?does it mean im recovering?im convinced that im not gonna die and im healthy and stuff.just that when there is the physical symptoms it does bring my confidence down again sometimes.anybody care to share some experience?thanks

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It's possible. You may be getting over anxiety or gig mash just start to experience the physical symptoms of it too and later on the thoughts come back.. my symptoms come in waves. I could feel great for a week with just having the racing heat feelings, or could be used have every symptom that's new to me start at once and scare me to death.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply.i have been having feeling of anxiety ever since i heard news of this young guy who died due to heart attack at a young age.i felt anxious but i try forget it and then one day i just had the worst nightmare that i was dying and and the whole anxiety thing started.i hope its a temporary thing but im just scared.like im constantly worrying about my heart.i had blood test done and blood pressure done,everything was fine.every time i have symptoms like chest pain especially on the left side i get anxious and very scared.do you feel the same?
  • Posted

Most of my physical symptoms of anxiety show up when there's nothing I'm anxious about! For example I will be watching a film with my boyfriend or sitting in a pub with my friends (feeling reasonably relaxed and not worrying!) and suddenly my heart will start racing, hands sweating etc. out of nowhere. It's at times when I think I feel better mentally, so I don't think about all the horrible things that come to my mind because of anxiety, when my physical symptoms seem to be the worst! sad so quite similar to you, maybe it's quite common?
    • Posted

Exactly.like sometimes i will just be playing with my son or just lying down without any thoughts at all and i will feel the symptoms which will scare the hell out of me and i will start to have the thoughts all over again.i just pray hard that this anxiety phase will pass and i will able to enjoy a normal happy life with my family.i wish the same for you too ☺

How long have you been suffering with health anxiety?

• Posted

Is it really true that health anxiety or generally anxiety as a whole makes us think as though we are going to die soon?thats the most disturbing part.i have a family whom i love dearly especially my 16 mths old son,i wanna be there for him all the way but i just feel so ridiculous that i really believe in these thought my mind cooked up.
    • Posted

I just genuinely feel so crappy cause i cant even enjoy time with my son as always either tired or worried.my husband has been very understanding and supportive but i feel like a small girl like i will breakdown and cry alot every time i confide with him.i just feel so pathetic to be believing such thoughts and spoiling my life. me and my husband will be expecting our first home very soon this coming month and i just feel very worried that i cant enjoy the shopping and stuff with anxiety haunting me all the time.everytime i head out to shop,i will feel very anxious like as if im gonna collapse and i will cry and rush home.but once i reach home everything is fine.i really wish things will be better for me soon.
  • Posted

Hi,

Of course! It is your anxiety over your past fear for your health still lingering and or some other issues you are not even aware of..

I feel my attacks are delayed, few hours, days after the stress trigger.. Even years!

All the vhecks stomach and heart came back clear.. Still I fear Im having a heart attack when I get palpitations and cant swallow or figedt, even though I know it is only stress!!!!

I think it will take some time for us to cool down..

Doc gave me valium, tried last night, even tho did not slerp, I felt so much more relaxed..wink

• Posted

That good,happy for you ☺ havent tried any meds.am thinking if i can handle this without meds.now im more rational in my thinking.just the symptoms chest pain,sharp pain etc is wahat scares me.though sometimes i really feel like the pain is not there actually,maybr i felt it because im imagine too much.its a crazy thing.still most of the time i cant wrap my head around anxiety causing all this.i still choose to think its something wrong with me.and the whole melodramatic death scene comes again.
    • Posted

Its funny that you get these feeling outside and not home!

Its the opposite for me, as soon as Im out and about, Im happier so not scared.. As soon as I get home get this angst of the evening alone, bed time that I postpone.. Anxiety atarts kicking in..

Its weird but I am convinced if I had a partner, it woukd be different, I think my fear comes from the fact Ill end up alone..

So for you must be something else..

So nice to hace your own family but can still understand the anxiety.. Maybe you feel like you might not be good enough? Thats what I feel..;(

Ps valium not useful to sleep though, awake after an hour!!!!!

• Posted

Well i guess,i have been feeling guilty lately ever since i have the anxiety that i cant seem to take care of my child and husband.

I just want to be normal again,desperately 😣

I hate it when the symptoms shift to the left side.

Though i pretty sure its anxiety cause sometimes the same feeling will move to the right side.

The sharp pain just is very scary.i dont think people around me completely understands how scary the pain is and that is the one that triggers my HA.

If these symptoms are gone i dont think i will think so much about it,hence,be back to normal state of mind.

Right now my strategy is to do what i use to do every day.

Hope thats helps.

• Posted

Your body is in a hyper state so yes. If you drink coffee or tea with caffiene you need to stop. No caffienee. An apple and cold water will wake up better anyway. You can download a self help audio book that appals to you and take the baby for a walk whilst you listen to the book.it will help your circulation and make you feel a bit better to be out and about and the walk is good for you and the baby. You probably need a good night sleep as well caring for a baby is a lot of work.
    • Posted

I have stopped coffee and all sorts of colas and sodas.now i will only drink juices and water.right now im feeling aches on my left side and my back too.i cant stop thinking about the worst now.i really hope its just anxiety and not something more.im serious thinking of going for second check up all the blood test etc
    • Posted

Hey, if your symptoms are so scary, such ad palpitations, chest pain, back pain, sweats, chill, tingling and numbness, you simply need to call either 111 for reassurance or in doubt just 999. Theyll send paramedics in 10 minutes top. They will test your blood sugar, pressure and your heart (ECG). If everything normal youll be reassured, in doubt they will take you to A &E. but you will then know for sure you are OK. Then when it happens again, you will worry less.

I did it so many times as I am alone at home snd always thought I was having a heart attack.

Apparently it is so common, no one has ever told me off for calling them.

That said, even though I know, I still panick..;( but less..wink.

• Posted

Thanks ☺

I know its all anxiety.

Sometimes i jsut wiah my mind listens to me rather than the opposite.

Truth is,i got genuinely disturbed by the news of a 32 years old guy died of heart attack.

Ever since then i cant seem to get over it.

Oh well,now the pain is slowly gone.

I just need to trust myself. You know the funny thing is this kinda things happen to people who least expect it.people like us just have extreme fear and anticipation.

• Posted

Yes! We think too much!

But I can assure you that if you do get scared called someone, anyone, a friend, family, 111 or 999, they are here to help.. I feel foolish everytime I do but they are very nice and understanding..

You cant spend your nights or days worrying..

• Posted

Yes! We think too much!

But I can assure you that if you do get scared called someone, anyone, a friend, family, 111 or 999, they are here to help.. I feel foolish everytime I do but they are very nice and understanding..

You cant spend your nights or days worrying..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.