Health anxiety taking over my life

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all 

Am new on here, don't really know what to do. I suffer real bad anxiety ad it all started when my eldest son was 8 weeks old (he was seriously ill needed an op) he's fine happy healthy little boy now. As well as his little sister. I've always obsessed with the kids health now it seems to be mine. I "think" I found a lump in my left breast (wich is larger and denser than my right) I saw gp she said she could feel two (anxiety through the roof) I've been getting pain in this breast (but when I'm not thinking about it it doesn't hurt?!) anyway gp said come back in a month could be hormonal and that my breast looked healthy. So I left a bit unsure. So that was about a week ago and last night when I was working I noticed my nipple was itching then I stopped and thought hang on it's itched a few times now. So I was rushing to the toilets every 20mins or so checking my breasts and now I'm sure my nipple looks different from the "good breast" an feels sore. Well I've practically had a breakdown today as I've convinced myself I have pagets Breast or some other type of breast cancer. I can't stop thinking about it my nipple is sore my tummy is upset from anxiety I feel sick I can't function at all. I'm due to go on holiday for a week on Wednesday (child free with the hubby) how am I supposed to enjoy myself? A week away is a week where I could be getting tests and/or treatment what If a week makes all the difference between life an death? I'm terrified how would my children cope with me no longer around?im going to drs again in the morning and demand a scan of some sort I need to know I'm not dying! Can your body produce symptoms such as breast/nipple pain if your constantly worried about bc? I'm 26 and you probably think I'm mad but I can't function I don't enjoy being like this ;-( anyone in same boat? 

TIA 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amy I know what your going though as I myself suffer with health aniexty so bad. I have been so good recently but today has been a bad day for me. I have a bad shoulder today it's aches so bad and when I move it to try and realise some tension in it it hurts so now am convinced it's the worst and I have something seriously wrong with me. I don't think you have anything to worry about with regards to your Breast but your best going back to doctors tomorrow to get checked again it's migbt be all linked if your due your monthly period the itchy of your boob etc. It's just all part of your aniexty and it's making you think the worse. It's a awful thing what we have to go through the but we are all here to help one and another. 
    • Posted

Thank you. It's so hard to just try and be normal let alone positive 😞
  • Posted

Omg!! I went through exactly this about 3 months ago I went to the hospital to have my breast examined and they said it was fine even though my dr said it felt lumpy I even had the itchy nipple n sometimes a sharp stinging feeling in the side of it they said it could be my anxiety making me think something's wrong and to just keep an eye on it for any kind of discharge ect at which point I should go back the hospital wrote to the gp and said it felt like a very normal breast which put my mind at ease a lot!! Bloody anxiety really messes with your head doesn't it!! Go on your holiday and relax trust me the drs will still be there when you get back a week won't make a difference if your really worried ask the dr to make a referral to the breast clinic itl take more than a week for your appointment to come through anyway!! If they was worried you'd have been sent to hospital straight away so try to take comfort in the fact the drs aren't worried they see abnormal breasts all the time so must know a thing or two!! Hope you have a nice holiday!! ( oh how I'd love a kid free break lol) when you have kids the anxiety does present itself a lot stronger coz ur constantly worried about them and what would happen if you weren't there trust me I go through it everyday and it's awful!

As much as I hate it when people say to me u have to keep positive, it's true and I have to try which isn't easy I know but we just have to for our own sanitys sake and for the kids!! Good luck hunni hope you feel better soon!!! Xx

• Posted

Thank you xxx I will go drs tomorrow although I'm worried they're gonna think "oh here she comes again" I'm leaving early hours Wednesday morning and anxious about leaving the kids I've not left them before. But I know I need the break. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this anxiety it's so exhausting but I think your right il see if I can get a referral tomorrow then hopefully il only have to wait a week or so when I get home xxx
    • Posted

Good luck Hun I'm sure you'll be fine I hate anxiety it's controlled most of my life it really has and has been made worse since having kids so totally get where your coming from!! Just enjoy the break I was anxious the 1st time I left my kids and that was only over night but I actually really enjoyed myself and was lovely not having to put someone els first 24/7 make the most of it!! Xx
  • Posted

Hi everyone went back to go and yet again got told my breasts are ok but now I'm worried about something else. My blood tests results came back an dr wants to retest my liver profile as I have raised ALT .... What's that mean and why is it raised? Now I can worry about this instead! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.