Health anxiety through the roof.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm so scared right now and dont know what's going on. it all started happening this past weekend after going up north with some friends of mine to a cabin. I had pulled a muscle in my right leg and was limping for a few days, but now after that I am starting to feel very faint aches and twinges in my back sides and belly, But yesterday I felt a very think burning feeling in my belly right under my belly button that spread to the right side of my belly. That burning has since stopped but the slight aches in my back and sides have not stopped. I keep thinking the worst as in abdominal aneurysm but I honestly do not know what to think. I've been diagnosed with GAD and health anxiety, but I am NOT a smoker nor am i horribly overweight, the my eating habits leave something to be desired. Not only that but work stresses me out, And I've been worrying about my health since I went into the hospital for a possible hard attack back in March. I'm 26 years old about 175 lb and 5 ft 4 inches. if there's anyone anyone in this group that have experience abdominal aortic aneurysm do you feel anything because I have felt around my belly and cannot feel any throbbing Mass whatsoever. I'm scared to go to the doctor but at the same time I'm scared you say anything for fear of being called crazy or embarrassing myself.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry. Everyone gets these and anxiety makes them worse. You can talk to your doctor with your concerns to put your mind at ease. Also I’d make sure you aren’t constipated, as this can cause similar symptoms.
    • Posted

I just wish I had never looked this up. I'm so scared of dying, it's not even funny.

• Posted

Please go to your Doctor...you probably pulled a muscle or something inside...thats will take time to heal...I wouldn't say its an aneurysm..thats your anxiety talking...I know, because I have health anxiety too...The things that anxiety puts into your head is unreal...xox

• Posted

What would I say though? I feel like my family would just think I'm crazy or an attention-seeker if I go to the doctors again.

• Posted

I have ocd of health issues !  I get symptoms of everything and convince myself I have the worst of the worst.  As my mother will say it’s worse than having any physical ailment.  I am in the middle of trying lexapro to help .  All I can tell you is your fears are getting th best of you and trust me I know you can’t control it.  Go see a dr so they can tell you that you are fine .  Then go see either a psychologist or psychiatrist to get yourself on the right track so you don’t suffer !  I am in the process.  Hope my suggestion helps as I live like what you describe on a daily basis and it is hard 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.