health anxiety to the roof bc of bowel cancer worries

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello again, i know i've posted a lot of times here but nobody is replying to me... it makes me feel kinds worse 😦

again, i am 20 years old, female. a bit overweight. for more than two months now i've had loose stools and sometimes narrow ones. now my anus feels so uncomfortable like i have to empty it but when i try nothing but air comes out.

i also have stomach rumbling which comes and goes but has been straight for two days now... also have occasional abdomen pain.

also, i can notice a bit of darkness/redness in my stool although i am not sure if it's blood... my right groin also started hurting so my anxiety flared up with me thinking the cancer has spread already...

does anyone think this points to bowel cancer? 😕

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi rainism, i think you need to speak to a health professional preferably a doctor. right hand flank pain can indicate possible appendicitis. please put your foot down and ask for a doctor appointment NOW!

• Posted

hello, sam. i appreciate you so much for responding you don't know how much this means. anyway, the pain, i think is not appendicitis. as the location is way under where the appendix is located (see pic)

I'm sorry i don't have anyone else to ask, but do you think the symptoms I've listed above point to bowel cancer? thank u... image

• Posted

hi eainism, this could well be bowel related. if you had bowel cancer though they would ask you to come in urgently, i don't know how old you are but i think you have to be a certain age and have other underlying factors for it to add up to Cancer. hopefully you discover what it is.

• Posted

Hi Rainism

Try looking at a low fodmap diet through a dietician/ nutritionist, i have found this really helpful for my IBS

• Posted

it's highly likely that it will be something like IBS, it certsinly sounds like it, but if you have never been checked out I would, just for.peace of mind

• Posted

hello, thank you so much. this has given me such relief (although I'm still going to visit a GI just to finally put my mind at peace) but the fact that this does not sound so bad to you must be a good thing right? 🥺 just a quick question tho, does anal discomfort (like feeling a pressure) also a symptom of IBS?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.