Health Anxiety with Indegestion Hell!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have only suffered with health anxiety for the last 8 months after a panic attack thinking I was going to die! Since then I have been in and out of GPS done heaps of blood samples, stool samples and urine test all come back clear, have had many test done on my organs excluding stomach and intestines all have come back clear in about the last 3 weeks I have been suffering a burning sensation in stomach/chest that will not go away even after taking stuff for heartburn! I decided to google my Symptoms and today stumble across pancreatic cancer and could relate to the symptoms Such as stomach pain, sore back, nasuea even checked my eyes and there was a tinge of yellow for left to right not a lot tho and this scared me even more, I’m going back to the doctors on Tuesday for his opinion but I’m super scared as this pain won’t go away and has anyone else ever suffered burning stomach for along time?D 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Jason

You are silly Googling, the sites can have people worrying when nothing to worry about

You have gone through your test, you are as clear as a bell, take it that Anxiety is your problem.

You see your GP on Tuesday I would be thinking he will be interested to see you back

• Posted

I know and I hate doing it but cannot help it as my indegestion has been ongoing for 24 hours sad 
  • Posted

Dr. Google can be our best friend or our worst enemy. I think you are not alone in consulting him/her. Are you eating /drinking anything that may be causing you to have indigestion?  Do you have nerve medication that will help calm your nerves? Have you had your gallbladder checked, are you losing weight? Many younger people are having gallbladder issues, I know several young people who have had gallbladders taken out, one in high school.  Have you lost your appetite? It also sounds like a stomach ulcer, anxiety can cause all kinds of digestive issues. I know, I have had them for years. Relax, take deep breaths, talk to someone, if not allergic to milk, drink some milk and relax. Worrying about worrying If you are eating a lot of pizza and/or greasy/spicy food, you may have to change this. You may have acid reflux or GERD, this is common with many people, and people with anxiety. Drinking a lot of soda or alcohol does not help either. You are in good hands. 
    • Posted

Hey Gary

I haven’t been drinking coffee,alcohol or soft drink for about month and half and it has not helped, my diet is abit hit and miss I eat well but not always but there’s never really a trigger food I can detect.. I’m currently on no medication as my anxiety was going really well I was not stressing but all my symptoms remained which I tried to avoid as best as I can until I got this bad ingestion that won’t go away.

Kind regards jason

• Posted

Jason, I would suspect acid reflux or GERD. Of course, if the indigestion continues, it would be best to see a gastroenterologist. I am curious what was going on and did anything out of the ordinary occur when your indigestion began? Were you being tested by the GP at the time, any stressful situation you were in at the time? If it is ongoing, it sounds like an ulcer. There are meds for this. Best regards
    • Posted

No nothing out of ordinary I have had it the idegestion off and on for last couple of weeks but this time it won’t stop and leading up to that I was really stressing seemed a lot better than what I usually am. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.