Health Assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a health assessment with Capita in July. I qualified for Pip, as I have rheumatoid arthritis. I have only had this since July 2015. My life style has completely changed. I had to give up work. My Pip will be reviewed again in 2019. I have just had another letter from my local authority, now I have to have an assessment with them. I've called DWP, they said it's regarding Pip, NI contributions. Has anyone got more information on why I've got to have another assessment. Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi have you made an application for Employment and Support Allowance?
    • Posted

      Yes. Back in September bt I haven't paid enough tax and my partner earns too much. So they said I wasn't eligible.

  • Posted

    I agree with Anthony has an application been made for ESA? This sounds like ESA and not PIP.
    • Posted

      They won't stop your PIP with an ESA assessment, they're 2 totally different benefits.

  • Posted

    Hi unfortunately it there is other income coming into the houshold you won't wualify for any income based benefit ie ESA unless you have paid enough National Insurance Contributions.   I believe though that if you went to the ESAassessment and were put into the support group,  some of this could be paid to you as it's not all NI based.  I am not sure ot this though but there are some very knowledgeable people on this site who I hope will come in and clarify it. 

    Even if you don't qualify for any benefit I believe being put into an ESA group might enable you to apply for other benefits because you would have an 'underlying entitlement'  to it. 

    This is totally different to PIP which is not income based.  This is extra money for you because of your disability and is a stand alone benefit.  You can claim it whether you are working or not and isn't dependant on NI contributions.   Whether or not you get ESA won't affect it and it is not usually taxable.  They are separate benefits. 

    Have a look on the Govt. UK site as there is lots of info on there about different benefits.   Or why not ring and ask them? 

    I hope this is helpful.  x


Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.