Health Benefits of Gelatin and Bone Broth During Menopause

Posted , 4 users are following.

*****This is very basic, you really should research some of this on your own******and also research the effects of too much gelatin so you know.

You can buy dry unflavoured gelatin in the grocery store, or you can boil down the bones of beef to use daily in soups to get the health benefits as well.

Here is what gelatin can do for you.  I know, because it has done it for me time and time again.  I used the powdered form for three months the first time to heal fibromialgia symptoms and bowel issues.  It worked amazing.  I stirred two LEVEL tsp into my tea every morning for three months at first, and now use it sporadically just to make sure I keep it part of my diet.  I also make my own broths often from the bones of cows, and chickens, and use them to make soup at least once or twice a week.

Make sure you drink lots of water when doing this, and research it more on your own.

Promotes healthy bones (essential for women in menopause)

Assists the liver with detoxification processes, assisting to rid the body of toxins

Aids good digestion, restores gut lining and promotes a healthy gut – gelatin absorbs water, helping to keep fluids in the digestive tract, which assists bowel movements

Assists with food allergies and intolerances

Reduces joint pain

Fights inflammation (in muscles too!)

Inhibits infection (think colds and flu) and helps wound healing

Assists with beautiful skin – gelatin provides glycine and proline, two amino acids that are used in the production of collagen… and is thought to protect against the aging effects of sunlight

Promotes hair and nail growth

Improves sleep quality

Provides a good source of protein

Helps with anxiety

Assists with weight loss – increases the production of Human Growth Hormone and boosts metabolism

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is that the jello packets you buy? Would just eating Jello do mthe same?
    • Posted

Gelatin is part of jello yes...but all the sugars added does no good at all.  But I will say this, jello does help with breast pain.  lol!  but unflavoured gelatin even more so
    • Posted

Wow breast pain. Okay I'm in!! Would love to hear from others who have tried this too. Thank you for sharing((hugs))??

• Posted

Thanks I'm going to get it. Look around. Will get whole chicken and use bones.

Many thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.