Health Insurance pay for dental work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have recently been diagnosed with SS.  However, I have had it for years without knowing and my teeth are in horrible shape.  My question is Has anyone had luck with their health insurance helping with the dental bills?  If so, what was the process?  Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Even though I have symptoms of SS, blood work and two biopsies were negative. That being said, I can relate to the dental issues!  I am in the middle of about $15,000 in dental work mostly caused by years of dry mouth.  Dental plans can vary.  My friend has excellent insurance that covers a lot of her work.  Our plan barely covers much.  If something is considered cosmetic, they won't cover it at all.  They don't feel me getting crowns and bonded bridges will have a good outcome so they won't pay!  Due to the dry mouth, I cannot wear a denture.  You need to see what your coverage is.  Perhaps your dentist can word it so you might be covered.  Good luck!!

• Posted

When my sister's mother-in-law had extensive dental work that needed to be done they actually went to a dental school. The dental school was able to give them the cost of having all the work done and a plan to get it all done. The work is done by students but these students are being watched by their teachers. And the dental school is at least half if not more the price of a dentist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.