Health issues after gallbladder removal and pancreatitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Since gallbladder removed and pancreatitis I have felt down with no energy and constantly tired, get the odd dizzy spell and urine is very yellow (almost luminous) no pain or other symptoms, just severe malaise and feeling down. Anyone else suffered from this, is it normal or could it be something else

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i have the same but also very light peanut butter Color poo 

‘it worries me also

• Posted

Hi Mrsoscared, my poo was similar but I have changed my diet and that helped, trying to eat low fat foods, occasionally I get yellowish/ orangy poo but I usually find it is because of something I have eaten that has upset my stomach so I try to keep away from that food, hope that you get it all sorted soon and it is nothing serious, I am beginning to think that it is maybe some bile getting into the bladder that is causing the problem, will discuss this with my surgeon in about three weeks time, regards Douglas
  • Edited

Hi Douglas, I can certainly relate to feeling exhausted most of the time since the gallbladder surgery and prior to that removal. I did start to feel a bit more energy recently but I’ve been busy and this lead to extreme fatigue very quickly. I have felt very low in mood since the operation! But realise this could be because of the health issues over a year I went through and then the surgery it’s self any operation is traumatic to the body. But hatto admit this one has caused me most problems. 

I’ve not gone through the problems that you mentioned with your Pancreas so you have certainly been through a lot. Give yourself time, if things don’t improve after a few months or less or and cause for concern speak to your Doctor to put your mind at ease. Hope this helps kind regards Joanne 

• Edited

Hi Joanne thanks for your comments I have been troubled with this for the last 18 months, I have good days and bad days and try to keep myself busy so that it doesn't affect me mentally, but it is hard I see my surgeon in about three weeks time and going to bring it up with him. Hope your health improves and you are back to normal soon, regards Douglas

• Posted

There are specific diet for those with pancreatitis , google it , it might relieve your symptoms
  • Posted

Hi Dougles, I've just joined the forum in order to find out someone already posted exactly the same topic i've was going to publish.

So this is my story:

1. I've felt sick on the first days of Ocotber 2017, on the 14/10 i felt worse as i ever felt in my life, I've been rushed to a hospital, and been diagnosed with pancreatitis. I've been there for a week, and after my condition has been stabilized, i had my gallbladder removed on the 15/11

2. for almost two months i've been a shadow of myself, couldn't even go to work.

When i came back to work, my good feeling (its 90% of my old self) lasted for about 2 months and then again i've felt extremely exhausted, sort of dizziness and particularly can't do the same things i could do before all this happened.

3. I've went to an acupuncturist, and like a miracle it helped me for about 4 more months.

4. When i felt bad again,my tiredness got back, dizziness and severe headaches.

So since 07/18 i've been going all sort of tests possible, neurological, Brian MRI, neck, spine, what can you ever think of, but without any findings. I've been taking a medicine called Elatrolet since the middle of August 18', and my pains disappeared, but I'm still between 80-90 percent of my old self.

Today I'm 10 months after the surgery, and i don't have a clue what to do now.

• Posted

Hi Donnie I took ill in June last year and it was abroad so they got me stable so I could fly home, on returning home I ended up in hospital for a couple of weeks getting tests before getting my gallbladder removed in August last year. Since then I have been in and out of hospital every two or three weeks and had problems with my liver. I have had stents put in and the last one removed in June this year. I am beginning to think that it might be a vitamin b 12 deficiency and I will discuss this with my surgeon in about three weeks time when I see him. At the present time I am trying to watch what I eat, sticking to low fat foods and I have bought some vitamin tablets, which I find have reduced the symptoms but not removed them. I have been back at work since April and get great support from them, but getting motivated to go is still hard. Hoping that you get it all sorted soon and are back to normal soon. It has been a long hard slog but I have been helped by other people on here who have suffered the same and the advice has been helpful, not everything has worked for me but then we are all different, so find what works for you and keep going.

Regards Douglasp p

• Posted

I had open gallbladder removal a year ago. Still have pain and bile reflux. Have been give all sorts of acid meds. Nothing helps. Had an Endoscopy and CTScan and nothing. Now going for a Polory test. I used to feel dizzy and depressed but that got better with. Thisle milk capsules, Probiotics snd drinking alot of water.
    • Posted

Hi Elvia,

Can you please give some more explanation about that dizzy feeling? and when exactly it's disappeared?

• Posted

It took months for me to feel better. I can cut all fats and drink lot of water. Doctors could never tell me what was wrong I found answers and remedies through Google.
    • Posted

Like I wrote, few days before the pancreatitis i felt sick, extreme tiredness and sort of dizzy feeling, and for almost a year now, i have my up and downs, I'm trying everything just to get back to normal life. Now its over a month of an OK feeling, sort of tired, and cant really do any exercise because i dont have any power, but at least im able to go to work.

Do you recommend probiotics?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.