Health issues during LOCKDOWN

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mental health has survived reasonably well

My physical health has deteriorated considerably

Specifically - My right knee and right hip have caused sleepless nights

I had my left knee, replaced - 4 years ago - but, at the time - my right knee was fine

It is now showing similar signs as the left knee did

My left hand as well - I fell heavily in October 2019 and believe that I may have damaged the little finger joint - it is still painful

But I am unable to do anything until the lockdown is over !

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Uh you can still attend your GP you know, though most seem to be requesting you contact them by phone first.

• Posted

Good luck with trying to contact your GP ! My hubby has major problems with his knee presently, cant sleep or even walk and we have to attend his mother's funeral on Monday but despite leaving voicemails for the GP and sending an email, not a soul has got back to us. The recorded message on their phone now says 'contact NHS Direct'. Phone queue for them was so long that after holding on for ages they then state to use their online diagnostic. NHS Direct's online info says for this type of medical issue, contact GP or go to Urgent Care Centre. Urgent care centre said they couldnt help as they couldnt prescribe any different pain meds or give steroid injection and to contact our GP. I feel like we're in a weird alien loop. Our GP surgery is a group practice of some 20 or more doctors over three/four surgery locations and nobody responds to messages at all. I feel a complaint coming on. Frontline hospital staff are working long hard hours whilst the GP's seem to have locked themselves down in caves or on Bermuda. Appalling and unprofessional.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.