health issues for 11 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi since last summer I have suffered from loss of appetite and bloating/belching. I saw a gastro soon after and then had a colonoscopy that was clear, as I was also suffering from bowel issues. I asked about an endoscopy but he said there was no need and seemed more focused on bowel issues, but the bowel issues have since passed. 

The loss of appetite (I literally just never feel hungry) and belching continued though and I became so worried about this that I have had a full body ct(normal). However, this was all without ever really giving endoscopy another thought as the doctor I mentioned already had said this wasn't necessary. I'm worried though that the temporary bowel issues were perhaps a real disctraction from the real problem: my stomach. I'm not too worried about cancer anymore but I will still like to get to the bottom of it. 

I also get a really noisy stomach along with the belching, although I don't ever feeel hungry I can still hold down a decent enough meal if I want to and have not lost any weight as I just eat according to the clock really.

thoughts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been tested for h pylori? Ask about gastritis and IBS.  IBS causes in off bowel problems.
    • Posted

i can see how it might put someone off eating, but i didnt think it could cause a total loss of hunger. does h pylori show up in basic blood test?
    • Posted

You can have a blood test to detect h pylori but it is not as reliable as a stool test, breath test and endoscopy.
    • Posted

Hi pippa

I was just wondering can h pylori show up later if you've had the h pylori test 3 months ago: breath, blood and endoscope all was negative.

• Posted

If you have had negative results for all these tests, leave it at that.  However, it is always possible to be clear of h pylori three months previously but pick it up later. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.