Health Minister

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone who has been communicating about CFS/ME dating and This Morning.  As promised in one of my communications, I have just emailed the Health Minister in relation to benefits and the struggle people have in obtaining them.  Just to let you all know I wrote to the Prime Minister a few weeks ago about the same thing, and the letter was forwarded to D.W.P. who sent me back a lovely letter pages long, but basically it still did not answer why we have to be put through so much and why it is so hard for us to get benefits.  Too much to go into on here.  Anyway, let us see where my email gets us.  Basically, I have told him about the need of more awareness and understanding of the conditio.

Fingers crossedbiggrin

Tx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I emailed the prime minister after you said you did as you know, and was also told that it was being forwarded to the D.W.P. They just deal with allocating funds and can't change policy so they're just fobbing us off.

I've read that the new Health Minister is against disability benefits so all the more reason to bombard him with our opinions and requests. A loud outcry is what is needed.

• Posted

I totally agree, the only way to be heard is to stand up and be counted so to speak, and that is being as vocal as we possibly can.  I would encourage everyone on this site to as you say bombard the Health Minister, a public outcry from all of us with CFS/ME is needed and soon.

Tx

• Posted

Yes Tian, now is the time if there's ever going to be a time for it. biggrin

Power to the people!!! Hehe

• Posted

I wrote last year and had the same kind of response Tina. If lots of us write, they may just sit up and take notice! I will put something together later today. 
    • Posted

Thanks, I am in agreeance with Georgia and you, the only way to be heard is in numbers.

Tx

• Posted

not so long ago ME/CFS/FM was one of the subjects covered on 'The Wright Stuff'. it was a rather good 'airing' for a change. Mathew Wright was v. damning on how ppl with ME/CFS were treated by the DWP. there was a spokes person from the ME Association on. she didn't do a great job in 'fighting the corner', so to speak, just the standard PR bite sound. i've seen other 'airings' i.e. This Morning with Fern & Phil. that one was good as Fern was v. interested/supportive. Dr Chris Steel (This Morning) is also sympathic & supportive.
    • Posted

It feels like Christmas when I hear things like this Caitlin; thank you for letting us know. razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.