Health phobia and over thinking

Posted , 3 users are following.

I anxiety and depression and health phobia . Everything I feel is a major illness ! Then I google search what it is and obscess !! I look it up over and over again . I have had IBS for 30 years ! Its acting up because of all the stress I have been under and trauma . But I now am making myself sick thinking Im dying ! I have heartburn and think its esophcus cancer . ITS ALWAYS MAJOR . ITS possible because im old now ! But I have always done this , since I WAS 19 and the panic started .

I should be dead with all the major diseases I have thought I had . Though out my life Ive seen more DRS then most people !! ANYONE ELSE ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes i struggle with this on the daily. My brother died 3 1/2 years ago from leukemia. I was 29 almost 30 when he died. On my 30th birthday I WOUND up in the emergency room. I had such a severe panic attack I thought I was having a heart attack. Since then I have struggled with health anxiety. I HAD a sore throat and infection for almost a year. I DR GOOGLED and literally diagnosed myself with lymphnode cancer,throat cancer, even cancer of the mouth. I WENT TO tons of drs and felt like they were just dismissing me because I literally had a knot sticking out of my neck.

SINCE then any pain i get i obsess over it . Almost convinced myself of breast cancer you name it Ive diagnosed myself. Ive gotten to the point I avoid the drs now if I can. I still go get my routine blood work since I have thyroid disorder.

Your not alone just try to breath and calm yourself and literally when you start to look up your symptoms literally tell yourself out loud no, and walk away from your phone if you have to. I have gotten a little better . I feel as though sometimes I "relapse" . Anyways hope you find some peace that you are not alone.

• Posted

i am so sorry to hear about your brother!

ive had health anxiety for many years 'survived' many illnesses. its a dreadful thing to live with. im currently thinking i have something wrong with my throat...constantly checking it, feeling like im getting stuff stuck! feeling like something is back of my throat! ive gone through the 'thinking ive got mouth cancer' its just never ending. to me right now, something aint right! im just so fed up of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.