Healthy anxiety and ectopic beats

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone, i hope you are all well.

i had a quick question, has anyone here developed anxiety due to this daily ectopic beats (heart skipping a beat). its driving me nuts, its literally always on my mind because its very hard ro forget about since one would experience it daily and out of no where. it leaves me thinking that it might develop into something more serious, that i may die from it at any moment, as silly as it may sound, the physical manifestation of these beats are very real and scaryyy. im now constantly aware of my heart beat at all times something which i never used to be aware off till all of this started 4 months back. i feel chest tightness like something is wrapped around my heart, its crazy

i was wondering if anyone else was on the same boat. Had ectopic beats and experienced anxiety because of them.

how did you deal with them.

thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i get them a lot from anxiety. they’re harmless . ive had I am every now and then for years .

when I first got them I was concerned. The doctor said it’s nothing to worry about it to try to reduce my anxiety. I don’t worry at all about them anymore. When you worry about it too much, they get worse. So if I happen to get them, I pretty much just let it happen and go about doing what I’m doing.

if they are annoying me, I turn on my meditation on anxiety and breathing on you tube and everything calms down.

your chest tightness can be attributed to anxiety as well.

I highly suggest you listen to a short meditation for proper breathing when you were feeling short of breath, anxiety, panic, or have chest tightness. search YouTube for “stop panic attack’s now“, then scroll down and find “don’t panic“ in black letters. She guides you through it and it really works!

have physical check up by her doctor for your peace of mind. ❤

• Posted

thank you so much for your kind words and advice

• Posted

yes! my anxiety started up again after noticing my heart having extra beats/ectopic beats and before i never really had chest tightness but i recently had a an episode where my heart began to flutter and beat abnormally fast (perhaps it was a ventricalular flutter, not sure) but ever since then, my anxiety has been increased and i feel a light tightness around my chest. my doctor said that the ectopic beats are most likely benign if you have anxiety surrounding it because once you feel it, your expecting more so you tend to be more aware. remember that ectopic beats are normal and i used to feel them all day but now i no longer feel them as often, but everybody has them! the heart is not perfect and messes up once and a while but like jan said, a doctors say may be more calming to you. i hope this helped and if you have any more questions, i'd be happy to help! anxiety is awful and no one should have to go through it alone ❤️

• Posted

thank you for your lovely words, how do you cope with the episodes, say you feel your heart fluttering and you m start to not feel well?

• Posted

to answer your last question, that is where proper breathing comes in. That is the key to managing the symptoms., especially the ones involving heart rate and chest tightness. Listen to that short meditation I told you about for breathing. .

• Posted

yes I suffered with this a few years ago and ended up I A&E 🙈 I had numerous test and a 24hr ecg all normal. I cut out caffeine and stopped taking citalopram for anxiety as can cause arrhythmias and they stopped. I found a really big cough can make it stop (depending on cause).

hope it settles for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.