HEALTHY DIET FOR PCOS? ANYONE HELP?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been back and fourth to the doctors for 5 years with issues, the first time I went I was 19 I was told by a doctor I probably had an STI as I was at a sexually active age and referred to a sexual health clinic.

After the sexual health clinic I was told it was Pelvic Inflammatory and put on a course of medication aswell as sent for an ultra sound and they said that there was nothing wrong that they could see.

Long story short i stopped going to the doctors as I felt let down and like i was “making” it up in my head.

Five years on and i have officially been diagnosed with PCOS and poss endo thanks to me demanding that i have a test done as the pain was becoming unbearable!

I have always struggled with stomach pains and bad bowels around my periods but was told it was just IBS, I am glad this is not just me, i have been reading online that some people with PCOS are gluten and dairy intolerant?

Are may of you ladies and is there other foods you have cut out and have helped?

Thank You.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.