Healthy eating. Trying to lose weight

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 62yrs old and a male. I've put on some weight recently. Currently trying to lose weight. I eat natural yogurt with fruit and do some exercise in the form of walks. Any advice on what other healthy food I can eat as I'm concerned that I may get tired of eating the yogurt and fruit. I am approx.14stone.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cut your cards for six days a week to at least 70 grams max for 30 days. Don't eat anything white, i.e. sugar, flour, rice, potatoes, pasta, et. al. On day seven, eat what you like, then start over. After 30 days increase your carb count to between 100-125 grams. If you follow this, the weight WILL drop!

• Posted

Thanks for your help. I'll give this a go.

• Posted

Yes, reducing carbs helped for me too. Used  oils like olive and coconut, which is apparently healthier, makes you feel fuller, so eat less.

• Posted

I bear these tips in mind. Thanks for your input.
  • Posted

Hi dcskel,

If you're in the UK, check out the nhs 12 week programme. It gives you a healthy way to loose weight with diet and exercise. With the cfs/me be careful with the exercise.

Best wishes

Beverley

• Posted

Thanks Beverley. I do live in the UK. I'll have a go at this. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.