Healthy, suddenly tired and really unwell, doctors dont know why.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So i just turned 29 in July, living a great normal healthy active life style, wind surfing and football among some of my favourite hobbies. During mid August the glands in my neck became swollen and i felt a little run down and tired. First reaction was that I had just got a little bug, take it easy and it will go away.

After a couple of weeks feeling really pretty rough and tired unable to do much i did start to feel better for a few days. This was a false dawn, as my glands swelled up again and this time much bigger and i felt even worse, i was then bed ridden for the next 2 weeks.

At which point i went to the doctors and they were really quite concerned. My symptoms at this point were: Chronic fatigue, swollen lymph glands in my neck (had been swollen for 5 weeks now), general very unwell feeling, headaches, i also just looked awful (very white, thin, bags under my eyes etc.).

Over the next 3 weeks and a few trips to the hospital the doctors took so many blood test, full blood count, HIV, glandular fever etc. etc. (i can write the full list if anybody wants, they tested for like 50 different things). Chest X Ray and a lower abdomen ultra sound, everything came back fine.

Now 2 months in to my illness although still feeling unwell i didn't feel quite as bad as i had a month earlier and with all my bloods coming back fine the doctor came to the conclusion it must be a very bad virus and i should just carry on with life and wait it out.

It is now another month or so since then, i'm not a lot better. Still have very bad fatigue, headaches and although my glands are not as swollen they come back to say hello.

What the hell should i do? i cant live a normal life, i cant work, doing anything for a sustained period of time makes me feel unwell. I just don't know what to do, the doctors seem to want me to wait anything up to 6 months to see if i "cure" myself. But i mean there is so many other illness and diseases they haven't even considered, i feel helpless and just want to be well again so i can get on and live my life.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi again,

I wish I could delete my contribution to this discussion as clearly you didn.t want to hear my thoughts.

Apologies for the offence and I wish you well.

Regards

Jinny 23

• Posted

That is the trouble with these discussion nobody knows who they are talking to and things can be taken the wrong way and people assume things of other people. Nobody knows the whole story of somebody elses life and what they are going through and what they have been through.

On a positive note though, they are often very helpful and reassuring and for the most part I find them very useful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.