heamatologist

Posted , 2 users are following.

just an update since my last post  had first appointment with heamatologist this afteroon  got to go back tommorrow and have a bone marrow biopsy done  dreading it  everything ive read says it really hurts  next week ive got full skeletal xray and heart scan  ande then on the 6th backn to see heamatologist and neph for results  possibly got al amyloidosis but hasent been confirmed yet  and apart from kidneys dont know if any where else is affected yet  said my creatine was at 225 at last check  been to see what help i can get financially when i go on the sick and all im entitled to is sick money 89pounds a week minus tax and ni  so about 80pounds and only 74 pounds housing benefit my rents 110  so after paying difference for rent water gas electric etc will have 10pounds left a week for food toiletries clothing bus fares etc so cant manage on that council wont help and landlord wants his rent in full and on time  or im out  been told i wont get pip either so dont know what to do looks like choice is pay rent and starve or eat and be homeless worked all my life and first time i need help theres nothing keep you updated as i find out more

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hya,

Who has told you, you can't get PIP? Unless you have applied and been told no, asked for a reconsideration and been told no and gone to appeal and been told no, there is no way of anyone being able to tell you you won't get it so get your application in!.  After 26 you will qualify for ESA too.  Go to your council and ask for low income vouchers you will be able to get food vouchers. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is confined to your kidneys.  Good luck with you bone marrow biopsy, you can do this I have every faith in your ability.  Keep us posted on diagnosis x

• Posted

Hi Helen benefits advisor and then citizens advice told me I wouldn't qualify for pip the haematologist said I would maybe get some help from my million nurses if I start chemo

• Posted

Nah I would apply for it anyway, it would put you in good stead if you are on chemo.  Phone up the line and they go through the questions with you and then send you the form to complete in more detail PM me if you need assistance, obviously I can't do it for you but I can help with wording smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.