Hear Pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,  It started about 7 weeks ago.  I had a headache for a few days and then on the fourth day, I had a headache that would go away.  I currently have head pressure that will not go away.  It is in the top, back and sides of my head and my neck seems to be stiff at times.  I have had a CT, CTA scan, MRI with and without contrast and LP.  They said they were all normal.  I just don't feel right and I hate this head pressure.  One of the neurologists suggested that I might have had viral meningitis, however when they did the LP it was 2 weeks after the on set of symptoms so I don't know if it would have showed up.  When I did get the initial headache I did not have a fever or any congestion.  Please help.  I feel like I am ready to loose it. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am also experiencing severe head pressure at the back of my head. I have been having headaches for 3 weeks now and recently they have turned into sharp shooting pains in different areas of my head but the pressure never goes. It’s so scary and I am currently waiting for an mri 
    • Posted

I know how you feel. I am so sad that someone can’t give me a definitive answer. I head feels very heavy. I hope you can figure what yours is too. Please keep me posted and I hope we both start feeling better
  • Posted

I've had enough of suffering.I've suffered from a young age 6 maybe 7 with anxiety maybe depression paranoia mental fatigue rumination.Not 1 person in this world can tell me what the f**k is wrong with me & why.I've had tension headaches/migraines every day since last June possibly there since March of last June.Its destroying my spirit.I've been on amitriptiline for 4 months eventually up to 50mgs.Then I told my doctor my mood was seriously low he offered me sertraline.I cannot take the 2 together. So I started on the sertraline.25 mg.My sleeping is erratic. So I started to take phenergen to help me sleep.They are my sons I was not prescribed them.But they do help.I took 2 tramadol last nite for the headaches & the headaches went for about 2/3 hours.I don't want to be taking tramadol as they are opioid s & are addictive.I woke this morning & the tension in my head neck & shoulders is soul destroying. Its been a nightmare.I'm not sure how long more I can go on like this.

• Posted

Do you have a lot of pressure in your head or migraines or both?  
    • Posted

I have a lot of pressure in the back of my head aswell as headaches and pains in various places around my head so I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be a migraine? Maybe a tension headache but then I don’t know what causes the sharp shooting pains. I am having an mri today.
  • Posted

Mainly serious pressure & tension.And sometimes a horrible nausea type sickness in my head.Is this migraine as I am not too sure.

• Posted

No my 2 Doctors do not think there is anything sinister wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.