Heard this by a doctor on the telly recently.

Posted , 9 users are following.

A UK television programme called "This Morning" recently had a doctor talk about Atrial Fibrillation and he mentioned that drinking coffee ( not lots of it, everything in moderation ) could help regulate the heart rhythm in people with AFib. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

This is new research  but unfortunately coffee has always made my heart race ,my cardio says NO coffee even decaffinated, chocolate and only a small amount of tea. We are all different.
    • Posted

I'm not a coffee drinker myself and haven't been for years. And, because of the AFib and the SVT there's no way I would try it. 

• Posted

I drink coffee. I am in afib before the cup and in afib after the cup. Only difference is that I am a happier and perkier afib victim after the cup. Afib is a sort of vampire which lives on the intrusive changes one makes in one's life in response to the condition. The more you live your life as normally as you can, the greater is the suffering of the afib demon. Or something like that.

• Posted

It's a pity there's no such person as Dr Van Helsing then, he could sort the AFib demon out once and for all wink

• Posted

I always drink decaf and find normal coffee makes my heart even more jumpy.  Are you in permanent a.fib as I am, what meds do you find help?  I'm on metoprolol to keep rate down but nothing to keep it regular.  Does it worry you too much being in constant jumpy!  All the best. 

• Posted

Good news once again about coffee!  Every second week yet another research finding is published, worldwide, showing how helpful is coffee in yet another ailment.  There must now be over a hundred ailments coffee helps.  Wonderful that so much effort is invested in coffee research.

I'm a confirmed (green) tea drinker but once coffee has proved efficacious for a thousand ailments, I may well start drinking coffee. 

• Posted

When I returned to drinking one cup maybe two daily I had better results and heart seemed to enjoy the coffee so to speak 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.