Hearing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 🙋 everyone

For many years I have been suffering with tinnitus.

I am aware that there is not much that can be done.

But now it is now the tinnitus never stops.

Is there anything that can be done?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hello mark

Some possible triggers include:

Drinks with caffeine such as cola, coffee, tea, and energy drinks

Alcohol

Aspirin

Salt

Kick the habit, if you smoke

Add soothing sounds to silence. 

Try these relaxation methods:

Yoga

Tai-chi

Meditation

Progressive muscle relaxation

Guided imagery

Self-hypnosis

• Posted

Hi 🙋 christopherV

I have tried soothing music 🎶.

I don't drink, have very little caffeine, smoke 🚬, energy drinks (being diabetic) and have very little sugar.

I have had tinnitus for several years, but over the past few weeks it's been constant and is like a two tone noise which resembles a cricket.

I do have other health issues, one being neuropathy, which is affecting the peripheral nerves.

I switch off all appliances from around 9:30pm I have also tried soothing music 🎶 such as pan pipes and tubular bells quietly in the background and nothing has worked.

I was told once that if I have my grommets out it will eliminate the problem...this I don't know 😞.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Posted

Could one of your medications be doing it? Check the side effects.
    • Posted

Conditions in which tinitus is part of:

TMJ

High blood pressure

inner ear problems

I like your relaxing methods.  They would definitely help with the anxiety that comes with it.

• Posted

Get a lot of bioflavanoids and antioxidants in the diet.  It's  brain health. It won't take it all away but it has helped me with some of the dizziness.  
    • Posted

Hi 🙋 pam33148

I've looked at all avenues in relation to the tinnitus, even went to a health food 🍴 shop close to me, in relation to my diet and they did give me vitamin c with Bioflavonoid 1000mg and they suggested that I eat more on the lines of pineapple 🍍, strawberries 🍓, they did suggest oranges, but I can't have citrus fruit. But if I eat more fruit along with walnuts, broccoli, blueberries the will increase my antioxidant levels. You see I have tried all this for months and all it had done was enabled me to get was a diuretic medication and caused problems with my diabetes.

I don't know if you have seen so of my recent discussion's, but I also have full blown diabetic neuropathy which is playing havoc with my nervous system. But I like 👍 your thinking and feedback relating to this matter. So if you do have any more thoughts relating to this...well I am always open to suggestions.

Thankyou for your feedback.

mark357

• Posted

I've only been on the forum for a few weeks and seen your posts for the first time. I do understand for my husband suffered from diabetic neuropathy before he passed away.  I could always read him well and knew he was in pain; but he was stubborn and wouldn't say much. Like you, I can't have citrus, but the pineapple and the berries are my favorites.  

And yes, if I learn something new about the tinnitus I will definitely pass it on as I hope you will.  

• Posted

Thxs pam33148. I am seeing my doctor this coming week and any information that comes my way I will pass it on, (if I have not heard it before) for the benefit of others.

I am sorry 😞 to hear about the loss of your husband, as I know how hard it can be to lose someone close to you. 🙏 my prayers will be with you, a long with my thoughts.

mark357

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.