Hearing a Gurgling Sound when Taking a Deep Breath

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I just want to share my experience and see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing as me.

When I take a deep breath, I often hear and feel a gurgling sound coming from my chest and throat area. It's like the sound you hear when you try to suck in the last of your drink with a straw. I don't hear it during every breath, but maybe 1 in 10 or less depending on the time.

I'm so scared of what it can be. I've googled and read scary stuff such as fluid in the lungs, collapsed lungs and heart failure. I did suffer from asthma as a child, but I do not remember hearing this noise, so I don't know what it can be and it's giving me anxiety.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if you have, have you went to the doctor ... what did the doctor say it was? This would be very helpful to me!

Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sarah, did you ever find out what this is? Have you been to a gp? I also have the same thing right now and I'm in the process of investigating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.