Hearing aid not working

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have lost hearing in one ear - and have white noise tinnitus in this ear, which is not so bad as some people suffer. I was fitted with a hearing aid 3 months ago now , after NHS ENT department told me this was all they could offer after proving I didn't have an acoustic neuroma. My issue is the hearing aid doesn't really help me at all. I tried to tell them at the time that I can't understand speech that goes into my bad ear - but no one ever tested that. I find when I put my hearing aid in I can hear my own voice very loudly for a couple of minutes - then my brain adjusts and I just hear a load of noise I don't want to hear like fans on air conditioning units, or people clacking their staplers in the office. I still hear the white noise tinnitus whilst wearing my aid - and by the end of the working day I feel as if I have a finger stuck in my ear - and when I take the hearing aid off I don't actually notice that I have taken it off. I am hoping for advice. I am waiting to see a neurologist at the moment - might they be able to help?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.