Hearing disorder since 2015

Posted , 3 users are following.

Female  27

Hearing disorder symptoms: head voices all day, fragmental/contradictory stories mingled with my mind, sometimes accompanied by body stiffness/pain/sour teeth/blurred visions, treated at Ann Arbor, MI and Pocatello/Blackfoot ID at Nanjing. 

Before that: feelings of increased self-awareness/depression

The condition just got worse last November. Question: what should I do to help?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

typo correction: treated at Ann Arbor, MI and Pocatello/Blackfoot ID, US and Nanjing, China. 

• Posted

Do you hear your voice loudly or echoing in your head? If it is you may have patulous eustachian tubes. "Fragmental/contradictory stories mingled with my mind" does not make sense. Can you find someone to interpret into english better? Sour teeth does also not make sense.

• Posted

Hi Olizzieo, thank you for your reply.

When I say "Fragmental/contradictory stories mingled with my mind", I mean there seems to be an outside source, that is conversing with my own thoughts. It may sound strange but it is the case.

I do have sour teeth as a co-existing symptom, which occurs at instances. (sometimes after teeth brushing)

Are you a doctor?

• Posted

I am an audiologist so not helpful for non ear problems. I hope you find someone that can help. Maybe explaining more about what happens to you may give people reading this more information so the right people can answer your post. All the best!!! xx
    • Posted

I don't know the mechanism behind my symptoms -- the voices just got me in 2015 while at Ann Arbor; they began small and occasional, and gradually deteriorated to loud and non-stopping. 

• Posted

Are they thoughts and voices in your head - like schizophrenia or your own voice in your head or other peoples voices you hear loudly and echoing in your head? Do you hear the voices when sitting in quiet on your own, or only when around other people?
    • Posted

They mentioned schizophrenia when I was at Pocatello -- I myself am not sure. I got voices of several different  tones sounding in my head. And it seems that sometimes they are from my brain, and sometimes they are from my inner ear. Quite confusing.

I hear voices in both scenarios (on my own and around others), at times they would stop for a short while when I am talking to others, and then resume.

• Posted

reigen;

Hello.  Your symptoms are intriguing and it makes me wonder if several different things are actually going on at the same time.  When this started did you have any type of dental work done that year, or a year earlier?   The sour mouth issue almost sounds like different metals from different fillings are part to blame.  Also if it is that or a bacterial issue it could work its way into the estation tubes up into the ears / ear canals (pardon my spelling).

If you have already seen an ENT with no success, you may want to look at this as a neurological issue.  Not to scare you, but I believe that is the next step above an ENT in some areas. They would be able to do a cat scan and preform other test that an ENT may not be able to do.

Hope this helps.. 

• Posted

Hi gjl3109,

Thank you for replying. Before I got sour teeth I did not have any dental work done (figured it could be expensive), dunno if it is an bacteria issue (everytime the sour feeling flashes in and out).

What is ENT?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.