Hearing loss right ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everybody,

I've had on and off issues with my ears for years but not to the extent that's been happening lately. lately I've been having constant dulling of noise in my right ear. The best way I can describe it is that my right ear lost the ability to notice high pitched noises and doesn't react in a normal fashion. I can't make out any words in any area that has background noise unless I'm looking at somebody's lips, and even then its tough. If I wear headphones and take one of the buds out of my right ear the sound doesn't seem like it changes at all, I don't have insurance right now but I'm starting to talk myself into a diagnoisis of sensineural hearing loss which I know is untreatable. Does anybody have any words of wisdom or a similar issue? thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've had hearing loss in my left ear within the last couple of months. I have polyneuropathy and while the ENT doctor says that it can't be caused by that my neurologist verified with me that it could. I also had a second opinion done 4 months ago and he was concerned that my eardrum might be collapsed and he told me to tell my usual ENT doctor when I saw her again. I did and she refused to have an Mri of my ear done. So what should I do and can a pcp order an Mri of my ear? I know they can order regular ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.