Heart

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i lost my mum 4 months ago to cardic arythmia caused by a left ventricular hyprophy I'm now suffering from anxiety as I'm worried it could be hereditry I no I'm grieving at the moment but it's making me scared there are no known heart problems in my family apart from my mum

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did she suffer from high blood pressure. It is normally caused by the extra work the heart has to do through BP, Aortic stenosis or strong exercise,

Control the BP and it and it can revert to normal size, 

• Posted

Hi in my case its very hereditry ive had 4 stints in the last two years and 2 weeks ago i knew i had trouble again so they did a cath and my main left artery was 99 percent blocked that one almost got me.out of the top 5 causes of cornery problems hereditry is my only problem dr says nothing you can really do about it just watch your diet a little blood pressure meds chelosterol meds heart pills asprins and blood thinners just keep a watch on any changes how you feel and any pain thats my case.

• Edited

Hi Michelle

Of course you are going to be anxious having just lost your mother and quiet normal to feel worried. However it doesnt automatically follow that because your mother had it that you will. It isnt necessarily genetic especially as your mother is the only one to have experienced this. Worry wont help you. Try and relax. Because your mother had this you and your Dr will be aware so that if ever you suffer from any kind of arrhythmia you will get a thorough check to prevent this happening to you. Take time to come to terms with the loss of your mother and try not to worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.