Heart

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello please someone help I'm 44 my mum died last year at the age of 63 suddenly it came back she died from left ventricular hypertrophy which caused her to have a cardiac arrhythmia and die I've been so worried what if it happens to me been for a ecg and xray and echogram all came back fine except I have a slight murmer I'm just so scared all the time I can't live my life all I think is when am I going to die

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was told that I had a murmur in my mitral valve when I had my army medical in 1952 when I was 18. In 2011 I was found to have aortic stenosis and had my aortic valve replaced the next year and I've had LVH since at least 2000. And I have a 4.4mm aortic Aneurysm diagnosed in 2004 and probably a few things that have not yet been diagnosed and I'm not dead yet. Fear does more damage than your murmur probably ever will . Murmurs are very common and people lead a normal life with them.

• Posted

I don't worry about things like that. The porter wheeling me down to the operating theatre for my valve replacement said that I was the calmest patient he had ever had.

I said yes but I'm not like this when going to the dentist 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.