Heart

Posted , 3 users are following.

My cardiologist recommended I get on metropolol. My blood pressure, cholesterol and pulse are all normal and I have no chest pains, shortness of breath or other heart problem symptoms. My EKG showed some irregularity, and an ultrasound showed mild Plaqueing in one carotid artery. I have read that once you start a beta blocker you're on it for the rest of your life. Also, there can be some pretty serious side effects. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, its been a while since you posted and i hope you've now been reassured that beta blockers can be stopped if you no longer need them. There are side affects, but for some, the benefits far outweigh things like fatigue and bradycardia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.