Heart and stomach pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello can someone please help me!

I have been to the doctors on so many occasions now... it all started 7 months ago. I dozed off woke up sudden with serious panic and heart palpitations.my left arm went numb my legs went from underneath me I could control myself. Since then I have had many headachs stomach problems heart racing chest pain and left arm pain. I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and minimal Barrett's this was all 4 years ago. I have not yet been for a second endoscopy. Too scared!!!

So recently I have had the following

MRI on brain all clear apart from sinus pressure around nose and cheekbones

I had a ultrasound of my stomach check organs

All clear...

24 hour ecg seemed all fine.

I am waiting to see a cardiologist

But the heart issue has not gone away I get shooting pains on my left arm and my left side aches

My stomach tightens and feels like o have a belt being tightened and it also restricts my airways making it difficult my breathing I take my inhaler but dose not help my breathing is short and shallow.

I am seeing a lot of floaters on my left Eye mainly I do feel spaced out often and dizzy I can't really focus too well sudden movements I go off ballence.... what I get a lot off and worries me is the feeling of being scared like when something makes you jump and you feel that sharp stab in your stomach! I get that and makes my heart race... it's ruined my life for the last 7 months and I would like to enjoy Christmas this year but feel like it won't end . Doctors are trying to rule as much out as possible but have neglected my stomach saying it's all anxiety... since they said it was anxiety I have been more aware of this and it has got worse... I have developed health anxiety but on the flip side I know my body isn't right... I have pulsating in my left ear the tinitus is louder than it ever was... so many simptoms... blood test all normal too..

Please please someone give me light and some idea what it is... the doctors and doctors google made me worse I though I had the horrid C word when hey tested my pancreas and my brain... now they are making me think I have a heart problem because one ecg came back borderline, but the rest seemed ok...

I'm 34 year old male

Not very fit I weigh around 80kg

6ft tall

I work as a window cleaner so I guess I'm relating active but it's more of a struggle since all this started.

I have 3 young children and they have also suffered my emotional breakdowns over these months.. I owe them a lot....

Thanks

Sean

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have exactly the same. I did the whole cardio tests..ecg, echo, stress ecg and finally a CT scan of the chest. All clear except they found that i had a hiatus hernia. When i found that out alot seemed to make sense.

When you eat too much or too late and lie down thats when id get the heart issues and muscle spasms in the chest. I am and have made alot of changes main one being getting into shape, gyn 4 tines a week, no nore caffiene and a more positive outlook now that i know what the issue is. I believe ive had the herbia for many years and its just the anxiety and my nervous system now misfiring when i get the acid from ny stomache come back up.

Once you have the all clear on your heart....make changes to your lifestyle. It will make a heck of a differerence.

• Posted

Jay thanks that's very comforting I am going back to the gym just as soon as I have all clear I did used to train but my heart and lungs never kept up basically unfit.... thanks

• Posted

Sean your story is same as mine.

However i let my health and fitness go over past few years....and this is what happened. I actually believe the hernia in part had been with me for years....its just as you get fatter and unfit.....it makes it worse.

In the interim dont eat late at night....cut off say 8pm and totally remove caffiene.

Theres also a self movement you can do to fix the herbia yourself which i do every morning. Google it or youtube it but it involves drinking 500ml of water first thing in morning...raising ur arms below your chin and then raising yourself to tip toes and letting the heels slam down on floor. The water in the stomache and the gravity pushes the hernia back down. This daily movement 15 times has also made a huge difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.