Heart Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am new to this board. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and acid reflux in the past 6 weeks. This was after several trips to the ER to have chest pain checked and the last time I had a full panic attack (blood rush to the head, tunnel vision). I woke up last night with sweating , chest pain, neck and arm pain ( left side) . My husband was able to talk to me and get me clamped down over the period of an hour or so. Throughout the past weeks I get back pain, shoulder and neck pain. I had a heart work up down - numerous EKGs, blood work, chest x rays and an echocardiogram stress test. The doctor said I had the healthiest heart he had seen all week. Why can't I believe him? I feel like these are symptoms building up to the big attack. I feel miserable and want my life back!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Beth I'm in the same boat as you. I've gone to like the er 6 times. Multiple blood works and 1 heart echo. They said I have the healthiest heart as well. I also have back chest and neck pains. It's just the anxiety and always being on alert. It stresses the body out

• Posted

hi are ur pains in your pains in your middle upper back or muscle tension?
    • Posted

How are you doing? I have good days and bad days. My gp prescribed anti anxiety meds, so I am waiting for those to start helping along with talking to my counselor. It just gets really tiring.
  • Posted

You've had all the tests - your heart is healthy. Many people are living on a knife-edge because they have serious health problems. I think you should believe your doctor and get on with your life.

• Posted

For acid reflux it is recommended to sleep on left side with upper. Body raised ask your doctor maybe he knows a sleeping position that would be helpful
  • Posted

I get acid reflux if I eat and then lie on my right side. It has to do with the way the top of the stomach tilts.
  • Posted

I know it's horrible, I've always been anxious , but everything came to a head 2008 family and all that stuff, I went on holiday to get away from the stress , didn't work , ended up having my heart checked everyday for a month, remember getting back to England still feeling this heavy pulling beating in my heat so went to A&E was there for 8 hours having checks in the end anxiety and a thing called Muscletuscletitus (I know lol) in my heart 

• Posted

Everyone in this board feels as you do. Some have chronic ailments on top of the anxiety. It stinks! What are you doing to help all this now? Whats your plan? If you havent figured this out already thinking the same way, doing the same stuff, eating the same foods,  behaving in the same way will not yield different results. It doesnt just dissapear. You have to have a plan of action. Cbt? Knowledge, Online cbt? Eft? Meditation? Therapy? Diet change with therapy? Ocd cbt? Look its hard to believe this is all real but it is. And when you feel like crap and have all these weird symptoms it is self preservation (granted lack of knowledge) to believe you are physcially ill (some are as well but two seperate entities). You dint believe the dr because you dont feel better. But the same way you are running to the standard doctor, cardio, nuero..how about a doctor to help you with your mind? Phycologists are very useful for all this. They cant give meds either only psychiatrists can and do that. Cbt is very useful as well. Cbt and having a phychologist is a very good mix. You have choices in using the traditional doctors or the complimentary doctors bith are good but view and handle  this in a different way. There are a ton of options out there on all this. Pinterest has great stuff on there to help figure out with that resonates with you as well. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, Lisa. I am seeing a counselor and started anti anxiety medication. I am just starting to up my dose and I am still anxious but feeling better. I am also trying to eat healthy, exercise, and get some sleep. My counselor suggested yoga, which I have done before. It is really difficult because when you don't feel well and you have symptoms, your mind tricks you. Thank you for your questions and concerns!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.