Heart Anxiety/Hyperawareness?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the last week or so I feel like I have become very aware of my heart. It started during a couple of very humid days where I felt a little short of breath for a short period (not sure if this was just in my head too). Then I made the mistake of getting into checking my pulse and somehow from that, I became aware that I could see the left side of my chest slightly moving in sync with my heartbeat and is visible through my shirt (as in a visible pulse). If I rest my phone in that area I can see it moving. I feel like this escalates every time I make myself aware of it.

If I became super anxious I can feel it too.

Other than that, I don't really have other symptoms other than some lightheadedness which is just usually when I have been overthinking the situation. No chest pain or breathing difficulties. I can go for a walk or run or do pushups or situps with no ill-effects.

I am a 28 year old male and am slightly overweight so I know I need to drop some ideally. Other than that, as far as I am aware I am in good health.

Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.