Heart arrhythmias

Posted , 3 users are following.

i keep getting these odd and scary heart arrhythmias, in which if i lay down or sit down fast pr get up then sit down or even sometimes bend over, my heart will pound very forcefully but SLOWLY, very slow pounding heart which causes me to feel right chested, short of breath, and dizzy after a minute or so it usually settles down but im just worried at what would cause this?

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Well, if you go to the doctor with this, the first thing they do is a quick ECG, and then maybe a monitor you wear for a day or a week, and sometimes an ultrasound. But all you may get from the doctors is a shrug, and a statement that "everyone has some arrhythmias", and a date for a follow-up.

As to the cause - it can be this or that or nothing. And all we can really do is ask a bunch of standard questions - are you overweight? Are you getting exercise? Are you eating a good diet? Are you taking any drugs, prescription or otherwise? Are you under special stress? How's your blood pressure?

The good news, if that's what it is, is that you can have a lot of these kinds of symptoms and it really doesn't come to anything. They have to get pretty bad before doctors will take them seriously as something to be treated with so much as a pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.