Heart Attack or Costochondritis? Need Advice Please?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Okay, so I'm a 31 year old female, Hypothyroid and PCOS. I don't have any history or heart disease, none of my female side of the family. My grandfather died of a massive heart attack aged 60, but he had Pneumonia before that as well, that is the only one. I don't drink or smoke, never have. Only bad thing is I'm not very active, I'm at home all day working from my computer, but I do walk my dogs everyday for an hour, just a casual stroll. I suffer with severe health anxiety and depression, I've had a few ECG's this year, and had a heart monitor back in the summer, all was fine. Haven't had a ECG in a few months though. I've been going the doctors nearly every week, with worries like Pulmonary Embolisms, Sepsis and Heart Attacks, Aneurysms etc.

I was on 80mg Propranolol from May to October, then I started to ween myself off it, first 40, then 30, then 20, then the last 2 weeks I tried to do 10mg. A few days ago I started getting little chest pains above my left breast area (where the ribs part is), it was more like a prodding/poking pain and NOT a stabbing pain, sometimes it hurts leaning in certain ways, like bending down, like it pulls. I also have had for a while, a sore left shoulder blade in the back, it feels like its crunching, like an audible crunching sound.

Anyway, I started reading articles about someone my age having heart attacks and it start the life out of me, then it got worse.

I went to the emergency out of hours doctor, he took my temperature and listened to my heart and back, examined me. He said my heart sounded fine, and that is could be Costochondritis. I have an appointment to see my own doctor tomorrow as well, but I don't know whether its because I'm stressed and anxious, but last day or so I've felt light headed (not a dizziness), like whoozy (not spinning or off balance, just mild whoozy). I'm back up to 2x 10mg Propranolol last 3 days too.

I keep worrying it'll turn into a heart attack, aneurysm, PE, etc. It's wrecking me with fear. I'm getting darts in my temple sometimes, sometimes like an electric shock up side of my neck etc.

What is it? I'm so scared and upset and panicky right now.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.