Heart attack or just anxiety???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, i am 26 male fit, i was a regular smoker for 6 years +, i can say my life style was fairly active, i have been dealing with health anxiety( maybe called hypochondria ) heart related issues mostly, but lately( last month) i have been exercising a lot, i am having chest discomfort during sport ( sometimes pain around the heart, and other times top the right side) and constant pain in the left arm only, the pains in the left arm feels deep and radiating and they can take place at any time even when resting and they happen every where near the shoulder to the fingers) they last for a long time, i feel it is constant..... here is my question: knowing the fact that chest pains are happening to me long time ago for 2 years or so + constant left arm pain for a month so far, i still can fast walk like 2 kilometers nonstop and i may feel okay but sometimes i go up 10 steps and i might feel chest pain and left arm pain with shortness of breath. do i have something very serious or anxiety can make exactly same symptom as heart related disease?? please help 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am so sorry you are feeling so anxious and bodily aware. Have you taken your blood pressure? If your GP is confident that your heart is functioning properly, I should trust in his/her judgement and believe that you are ok.

?Anxiety can make you believe anything. I know because I was just the same. Every ache or pain sent me into overdrive but when I really was in a "bad" place, I didn't believe it and kept saying that I was ok. Luckily my other half was quick onto it and so I was dealt with immediately and my TIA was caught! I wish I hadn't spent so much time worrying about things that haven't happened.!

My advice is to stop worrying, if you take medical advice, listen and trust it and enjoy your life because very soon you will have the years passing you by and you will have wasted time on worrying.

Only worry when you have concrete evidence that you need to worry!

Best wishes from someone who wishes you a happy and "chilled" life.

Aneta x

• Posted

Hi Aneta, thank you for your lovely wishes. i went to 4 doctors, 4 ECGs are done, one endurance test and one check for the valves and 2 blood tests , all tests were normal, my blood pressure is 12 to 8 or 12 to 9 which is okay . my dilemma is that the pain i am feeling is so real , right this moment there is a burning like pain to the left side of rib cage just left to the heart and a pain in the left arm despite the fact i am sitting. just like you said i need to chill. 

best regards 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.