Heart "attack" symptom?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced a heart "attack" with Sjorgen's but follow up found no artery blockage or heart damage.  I am only 36 and had this happen in the fall, triponin levels were elevated but cardiac catheterization said I am fine.  I am wondering if I have Sjorgen's since my mother is diagnosed with it.  Given my age any time other testing for autoimmune diseases has been done there has been nothing of concern.  However, I have had other issues throughout my life such as:

- inability to wear contacts due to lack of fluid in my eyes (I still have tears and they will water in the wind etc).

- dry mouth, but not bone dry....very self-conscious about having bad breath because of this.

Recently other symptoms have started to occur such as:

- joint pain in knees

- heartburn

- declining memory for simple things like people's names and faces (maybe this is just part of getting old).

If any one here has had similar experiences it would help me know if I should pursue being tested for this.

Thanks,

Carrie

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya Carrie...absolutely yes.....it's just great that there is no heart condition. Also the rest of the symptoms..I've had SS fir 30 years now..it's famous for drying out organs..if use lubricant ion my eyes..it's a spray for dry eyes ..can even spray over makeup...really really dry mouth etc..use an artificial saliva..throughout night mainly...the fluid in my left ear has partycrystalused so I have dizziness/imbalance full on 24/7..had that. For 25 years now..however Neuro said it would go one day as quick as it came..mmm still waiting..frightening at first as I thought I had a brain tumour..bit like you thinking you had a bad heart..,fortunately I have learned to live with it well with a walker..and an awesome husband..I'm always encouraged by the fact that there are many people a lot worse of than me.,who just survive with their lot...have a lovely day Carrie..be blessed.,😘😍💐

PS the memory is just a brain fog..we all get..try not to stress..autoimmune issues love it when we stress..we end up with symptoms we never thought possible..yuk..😘

• Posted

You can certainly have tears but experience dry eyes, and bad breath can be a sign too. Joint pain and IBS and very many other symptoms can be experienced with SS. It's usual to suffer all sorts of rheumatological symptoms and then find the reason was due to SS. Read the patient information leaflets on the websites of the BSSA (British Sjorgrens Syndrome Association), and similar. You may be surprised at the range of symptoms.

• Posted

Hi

I have been diagnoised with SS for 22 years now,, a few years ago i had to go to the hospital because i thought that i was having a heart attack,, basically it came back that i had inflamation in my chest that was causing it to mimic this, i still have it every now and again but the inflamation has never gone away, and it can be extremley painful and mimic a heart attack, it is something to check out 

• Posted

Thanks for the comparison Christine.  Do you recall if you had elevated heart enzymes in your blood?  That is a common test they do when you go in with heart attack symptoms.
    • Posted

HI

There was one blood test that was elevated but for the life of me i cannot remember, cheers chrissy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.