Heart attack symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

im having a really hard time today and was hoping for some advice or a peace of wisdom. ive suffered with health anxiety for 10 years now but recently came to terms with it. i over worry about every pain in my body and think IM DYING everyday. it doesnt help I COLLAPSED at work 4 months ago... medics said I was in afib. but by the time I GOT to the hospital I was normal and doc didnt believe me. i have had every test and everything has come back normal. i believe the acohol I drink everyday is the problem but I cant cope without it. i have really bad palpitations everyday and today is really bad. i think Im experincing heartburn now... but didnt eat anything, but am getting a burning from my chest all the way up to my throat. i literally live at the er but.... im trying to change that and not go. its been 2 weeks.... thats a huge start for me. i feel so helpless and dont enjoy life. im trying positive thinking but.... im at a constant battle with my mind to keep those negative thoughts out!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Christina ,i know that what i will say wont help you much but your not alone love ,there is many many of us just like you struglinng and just coping day after day its just so sad i just wonder if anyone ever won that battle, warm hugs

• Posted

Christina...your story sounded so much like my own. I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks over 20 years ago now. I am still struggling. I can tell you there are things out there that do help and can help. I don't know if you have health insurance or the ability to seek medical care but if so please do. Use every resource at your fingertips. You need to see a psychiatrist AND a psychologist. For meds and therapy it is the best route. Having the medics tell you that you were in Afib is a very scary thing, please make sure you follow up on that. It can be caused by many many things and it can happen once or you can end up stuck in it like my ex. I suspect that your drinking is probably causing a lot of your symptoms and you should definitely try to stop drinking as much as possible. Drinking can cause heartburn, which in turn can cause chest and stomach pains, so it might be from the alcohol even if it was consumed the night before. 2 weeks is awesome!!! I know exactly what you mean with living in the er, I don't want to live there but sometimes the physical symptoms are so strong my brain quits listening to me and takes me there anyway, lol. If I can suggest a few things, keep a journal. Write down every single thing you think may matter somewhere down the road, you can look back on it at doctors appointments to help you remember talk about things you might otherwise forget. You can use it as therapy to get angry and yell at your anxiety but writing it down and telling it where to go. You can also use it to remind yourself that you have been there before and felt those exact same things and you were okay then and you will be okay this time. Sounds stupid but it really does help me. Try anything and everything you are able to try, what works for one might not work for the other so you never know what might help you. Things like meditation, yoga, using herbs and oils, or grounding techniques, adult coloring books, massage, accupunture, and anything else that isn't going to hurt to try even if it does nothing for you. I also suggest talking to your doctors about using medications if you need them, do not be scared, like I said before everyone is different and what works for one may not work for you. But it might also be exactly what you need to get some relief. I know that I felt the best I ever felt and went 2 years without seeing the inside of a hospital when I was on a combination of medications and in therapy. And the last thing I will say to you is do NOT give up...I've got 20 years on you and I'm still here fighting. There are days where I want to give up but there are so many good things in life you will miss out on if you stop fighting. You never know when you will find that one thing that works and gets this all under control for you. If you ever need to talk or want to ask questions feel free to send me a message here. Best of luck!!!

• Posted

hi hi there thank you so much for your reply and all of your suggestions. I think keeping a journal and writing down all of my appointments and all the times that I feel a certain way and getting those reassurances and writing them down so I can remember them is a great idea. writing them down so I can remember them is a great idea. shoot I wish I would have thought about that years ago LOL. I know exactly what you mean about your brain taking over your physical symptoms to the point to where it doesn't even matter to try and rationalize it there is no stopping the feeling that you're feeling. I am actually at the cardiologists right now waiting to go be seen to see if there is any more concerned about the AFib.

• Posted

how did your ex get afib? or treat it? im so scared that its gonna get stuck like that!

• Posted

dude i am crying i have the same story but i am just 18 wish i could hug you right now i dont know what to say i hope you get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.