Heart Attack Symptoms or Chest Muscle Pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ll attempt to summarize this as best I can here:

SYMPTOMS

I’ve been experiencing what feels like I strained my chest muscle(s). They’ve been terribly sore for over a week. The pain lessens after sleeping. But something as simple as stretching my arms seems to flare it back up again. The pain is constant, except for after a night of sleep.

The pain is consistently in the same locations. I can press on my chest and feel the tenderness. It's on both sides of the chest, in three different spots on either side. I’ve pulled a groin ligament, and the pain level is very similar. Massaging it seems to briefly relieve the pain. But I can definitely pinpoint the pain with my fingers, easily.

It does hurt to breathe at times. But this could also be allergies, as the weather here would result in that. Over the past few days the sides of my ribs have begun to feel sore. But I'm wondering if this is due to me holding myself up differently, as I'm attempting not to overload my chest.

This is causing me a great deal of anxiety.

FACTS

I check my blood pressure and heart rate at home. Both have been normal. In fact, my blood pressure is looking great this week.

I have terrible anxiety issues, which has landed me in the ER a few times due to heart palpitations. I’ve had two EKGs, CBC and other blood tests, an X-Ray, and seen a cardiologist. The verdict: Anxiety.

This April I had my last round of blood tests and an EKG done. I was told that I looked great. I have the test results in PDF format for reference should anyone care to see.

I’m quite out-of-shape and have been trying very hard to improve my health. I started up the P90X DVDs about two weeks ago. This chest pain kicked in after a few P90X sessions. I moved a few heavy items around my home during this time as well, so I imagine I may have irritated whatever is going on there.

Icing the chest seems to help a good bit. It’s just so strange, as I can quite literally press on the pained areas. They’re on both sides of the chest, in exactly the same locations on either side. The middle of my chest is a bit sore, but not remotely close to the pain on either side.

I am uninsured and really cannot afford to shell out the money for cautionary tests. This is very distressful to me, and triggering off some major anxiety for the last week. I’ve been hoping the pain would improve.

I’ve ridden an exercise bike rapidly, multiple times, while having this pain. The pain didn’t worsen at all. In fact, it felt great (aside from the fact that I’m in severely sore pain).

PERSONAL DETAILS

37-year-old male. 5’8”. 185 pounds. Caucasian. This pain has been going for about a week. It feels like my chest muscle(s). I’m not on any medications. I don’t take any drugs at all. I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dr told me, confirmed by nursing sister, torn muscle, 6 weeks, and torn cartledge or tendon 12 weeks, they were both right.

Have some time ago now, torn the actablulum cartledge in my hip joint, OUCHHHH, I could not walk without huge amounts of morphine based meds, and they only made me sooooo constipated I had other issues, let alone they make me stoned, everything nice and pink, dialated pupils, like sons said happy mum, yeahhhh hahahaha, so I know where you are coming from, stop prodding and rest as much as possible, and yes a mix of heat and cold packs should help, stimulate blood supply.  My cartledge in hip joint one morning at 13 weeks woke up, pain gone, I can tell you I thought after that long what has happened now, moved very carefully that first 24 hours, as I could not believe you could be in sooo much pain one day and nothing the next, but that's what happened. 

Later found out that reason had torn hip joint cartledge, arthritis, all bumps and lumps instead of nice smooooth hip joint, one of those rough patches had caught up and torn a hole in cartledge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.