Heart beat in left ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody know what it means to hear your heart beat in your ear? I constantly hear it in my left ear....

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Abigail,  It is called Pulsatile Tinnitus. I had the same thing, but it went in a few days, however, I have a ringing in my ear whenever there us no background noise ( which is tinnitus ) but it is all caused by stress. I would go to my doctor ( if you haven't already) as he/she would know more than me. But I'm almost certain it is nothing, just another symptom.

Hopefully this helps,Jack

• Posted

This seems fairly common with anxiety. It happens to me sometimes, usually when lying on my left side in my left ear. I just turn over and ignore it. It doesn't last long.

• Posted

That is so annoying. When I was feeling anxious and going through that whole scene, I had heart beat in my ears for a while,along with ringing. I went to my ear doc,and with out telling him I was having anxiety, he told me it is apprehension. Light bulb moment. It did eventually go away. I am on meds now, cause the anxiety never did. Hope this helped you.
  • Posted

I think i can hear my blood flow to be honest. Its so weird. I have heart beat. Anxiety can do that. Blood pressure can do that. Its inflammation in that area. leans in the eustatian tube. Its annoying that does come and go, i get so many weird tinnitus things i cant keeo track. It changes uo and comes and goes. But i did get some tests and they keep saying its from the eustatian  tube and go into the anatomy of it. All i care about is it to leave. And they said low salt. I also have bad tmj and of course the more stress the it annoys me. It is really annoying! 
  • Posted

Hi - yes deffo - I have Tinnitus - have for years - but left ear thudding often.  Lying in bed quiet is worse.

G.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.