heart beating fast/palpitations - is this anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past few weeks I have started to get heart palpitations and can feel my heart beating especially on a night when lying down and also wakes me up sometimes - I took my son to the park the other day and noticed when I got back I had no fast heart beat etc but then started again when I was just sitting down - a lot of things have been getting me down recently like broken cars and especially work and busy applying for jobs and going for interviews with no luck. Even walking up stairs I notice my heart beating fast. I cannot get in to the doctors till Friday. I do feel slightly agitated and cry easily at the moment and have suffered with depression in the past but its this feeling of fast heart beating pounding that has been going on for weeks is freaking me out.

Thanks x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have had this on and off for years in times of stress, my son is going through what you are at this time. Mine is very much anxiety related,he is waiting for results of a test but has just been through a very hard time. Sounds to me like yours stems from anxiety. Try not to focus on it.

• Posted

I would get it checked out but in the meantime realize it's probably anxiety. see if you can take something to calm the adrenal glands. Just ask any health food store about that. hope you feel better soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.