heart beats faster when I turn over in bed and chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

My heart beats faster sometimes when I turn over in bed at night and also have a bit of chest pain. I often have heartburn and chest pain. I have hypertension which is in control and also have GERD. I am taking amlodipine 5 mg, losartan potassium 50 mg and pantoprazole. Does anyone have such problems? Please share your experience.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have similar symptoms which have kind of returned from around 24 years ago but feel worse.

I am currently suffering from palpitations, heart feels like it's too fast, from having a 6 day heart monitor report is that extra beats in the upper chambers, I often am calm then all of a sudden I get a feeling I'm about to die or pass out.

I too take amlodipine 5mg, now on bisoprolol 2.5mg daily which could go up to 5mg daily.

Doctor wants me to go on these antidepressants but I don't like them, diazepam is what helps calm me so I get a decent sleep, if I take one diazepam it usually keeps me calm the following day.

Have barrett's esophagus so been on Omeprazole which stops acid reflux.

I often wonder if it's the stomach and esophagus that cause these panic issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.