Heart broken

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's been so long since I've been on here, I've not been doing to bad but I have slipped to be honest and have had a few troubles which have made me give up and revert back to comfort drinking ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Anyway, my mum passed away yesterday, the product of severe alcohol abuse for so many years, not helped by a very unsupportive partner

I vowed to not let this happen to me or my family

Yes I'm struggling right now and this awful illness is tearing too many families and people apart

Onwards and upwards for me ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh, Rachel, I am so, so sorry to hear about your Mum, I can toatally understand why you are heart broken, poor you.

I remember when you were on here last and I thought you were such a strong person, I really thought you would beat the demon.ย  But I totally understand why you would slip.ย  But it IS just a slip, I know you will get back on track.

I am glad you came here to share this with us.

Take care,

Pat xxx

• Posted

My heart goes out to you. This is the most traumatic thing for you to have to face in life. You will start to find a way forward when you are ready. Your poor mum won't want you to suffer as she has and will be with you every step of the way when you're ready to get better. We are here for you when you need a chat. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Bless you x
  • Posted

All the best with this with troubkly situation. It only takes time and then we recouver. Best to you and your family.
  • Posted

Rachel, I'm so sorry for your loss. ย This is the hardest of times and I wish you the strength to get through it.

Much love.

• Posted

I understand comfort drinking. Totally alcoholic here...for many years...sober 1month.

I have read that most alcoholics die by the age of 58.ย  I don't know what to say about you Mom dying...there are no words.....

The only thing I can say is....alcohol is powerful....you will stop when your body says I have enough.....unfortunetly I don't think we have much control over when we stop (as many people thing we do).

Always remember (which may help your brain kick in and say OK ENOUGH)....that alcohol only progresses and leads to jails, institutions and death. Also maybe if you see a Dr. and have some blood work it could possibly show that you are affecting organs such as your liver and kidneys...

Sometimes it takes a health scare to get our brains to realize we have to stop....I ended in hospital for 4 days...almost dead....seizures, etc.ย  I hope you find a way to really believe this is a deadly disease....and you want to BEAT it.

• Posted

Telling people was the first positive step, you have suffered a terrible loss it's natural you need some comfort. Hour by hour, day by day. Keep safe there are people here to listen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.