Heart BURN!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I am suffering with bad heartburn to the point I'm afraid to eat now as everything triggers it. I took a tecta this morning with no relief. Please help It's making me anxious. The burning in my chest and throat. Any quick or natural remedies to stop this???  Use to get it once in a while but now it's hitting me daily. sad. Help!!!

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I was the same as you, use to be able to control it and then after many years I couldn't. 

Problem was very easily solved. Went to see doctor who put me on a PPI and problem is solved. Best of all the PPI heals all the damage done by the reflux, natural remedies don't do that. 

If you have read all the scare stories about PPI, I have one question for you, I hope you don't drive or ride in a car. Did you know that cars, kill people every day!!!! a PPI doesn't. I know which one I would take given the choice. PPIs are way,way safer than getting in a car. 

• Posted

Yes I have read the stories and I have read the stories of what the ppi's have damaged the inside of the stomach also. So not sure where you read that the ppi heal the inside ??? You need to do more

Research before responding 

• Posted

I suggest you google healing aspects of PPI, this is from a medical paper 

Patients with erosive esophagitis (EE) account for 30% of patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease; only a minority of these patients fail to achieve healing on treatment with a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), once-daily, for 8 weeks. For those patients with EE who have failed to heal on a PPI, given once-daily, current practice is to double the PPI dose although there is little published evidence to support this. In this issue of the American Journal of Gastroenterology, authors from Japan have demonstrated that double-dose PPI produced higher healing rates when given as a split, twice-daily dose than as a once-daily dose for patients with EE who had failed initial therapy with rabeprazole 10 mg once-daily. Quadruple-dose PPI, given as a split dose, did not increase the healing rates but did produce better symptom control, albeit limited, compared with double-dose PPI, given twice-daily. Because subjects, initially, received a lower PPI dose than that generally indicated for EE (rabeprazole 20 mg daily), this study does not provide the eagerly awaited justification for double-dose PPI therapy in patients with EE who have failed standard-dose PPI once-daily. However, it does demonstrate the clinical advantage of a split-dose regimen (AM and PM), compared with a once-daily regimen, when doubling the dose of a PPI for patients with residual EE after initial therapy.

• Posted

Hi Maryann

There are several reasons why you may be suffering from heartburn, and only your doctor will be able to determine this.

In the meantime, I found camomile tea is great at soothing acid reflux; it may help you.

And you never know, the doctor might discover it’s something easily fixed.

Deb

• Posted

Hi Mary.

Have you tried eating a apple with skin on, I read that apples and celery take a long time to digest and it gives the stomach acid something to go at. Instead of the acid travelling up the osophagus. A banana seems to help too.

also manuka honey high rating the better, I have that before I go to bed soothes the osophagus too. 

I have just ordered some Aloe Vera max strength to take so waiting for that to arrive.

i was on ppi’s for 5 years and Ano they block out stomach acid and relieve the pain, but I had the runs for 5 years and we all need tummy acid to break down the food. Which ppi’s block

but I now want to try and sort myself out naturally. 

So I try to

Avoid 

chocolate 

mint

wine

fatty foods

cream

coffee.

acidic fruits.

hope this bit info helps.

Kind Regards J 

• Posted

I was like you....all I ate was cereal. 2 weeks ago I had the link implanted, so I'm in recovery mode. I got fed up with all the drugs I was given which has done a job on my liver.

• Posted

What does the link do??? I'm hoping I can get it fixed without surgery

• Posted

Hi Maryanne

Look up on line...sorry it's called Linx

Reflux system. I went over 5 yrs taking drugs....done! I had a pretty Hugh hole hiatal hernia along with the burning of anything I ate came belly pain and had just ruin everyday life. From all the drugs including over the counter my liver enzymes are off the chart. I elected the surgery to fix my herina, but instead of twisting my stomach around the esophagus and stitching it...I had the Linx implanted....this will keep acid in the stomach. For me I had more pros than cons. As I stated just a few weeks since surgery so far so good! My worst experience was all the side affects from the drugs, gas, and anesthesia. Every day I feel better. I believe it's a life change for me. You must eat/chew food 6-8 times a day so the Linx is moving. I'm on soft food and you must learn to eat slow. No raw food at all for 3 months. This experience is leading me to a plant based diet.....I do not miss meat or cheese which is a no no at the beginning.

• Posted

The alternative to surgery is taking a PPI, off to the doctor get. A prescription and start feeling better. I have managed mine for over 10yrs now, was told it was better than surgery. What are you waiting for. No need to suffer 
    • Posted

I am taking a PPI right now but don't want to take it the rest of my life. I need to find out the root of the problem will be seeing a natural path soon. 

• Posted

Hi Maryanne

Not sure you have visit a doctor yet. I am a very organic person....did what you are about to seek out. My experience I should have started with my doctor. Ultra sound, endoscopy and there are others to prove the advance and proof of an issue. As I stated in a prior reply I took and try to fix it myself. In my case my choices were not all too smart. Right now I am taking no drugs and I was on 3 every single day.

• Posted

Hi debbra

Yes of course I seen a dr. I'm on tecta once a day but I only take it for two weeks than stop. My acid is much better on it but don't want to rely on it.  My dr. Is also scheduling me for an endoscopy still waiting for an appt. 

I just want to get this fixed before it gets worse. 

• Posted

Maryanne

Glad to hear that. I can only state what happen to me. At first the pills work, then when they ran their course I was given another type. I pretty much stop eating, because I knew what was to follow. I replied to you on your question of the linx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.