Heart condition or anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I noticed this while I was sitting down at my computer this evening. I've been tracking my heart rate with my Fitbit and I noticed a spike in heart rate up to 85 before it dropped to 66 then evened out at 73. I had no other symptoms during this time, same with when I got up and moved to my bed, and now my resting heart rate is 76-77. Is this normal, or is there something else going on with my heart that I don't know about. I should note I've been diagnosed with GAD, have health anxiety and stress at work. I'm 26 years old, 165 pounds (175 two weeks ago) and 5' 3"

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been to the hospital two weeks ago for a possible heart attack, turned out to be a panic attack. Since then I've been exercising by power walking, cut out fast food and sugar, and generally trying to be healthier. My hospital labs (D-Dimer, 2 EKG's, metabolic panel and chest x-rays came back fine)

• Posted

More then likely anxiety. They say Fitbit heart rate tracking is not that accurate and it does cause anxiety. I have an o2 hr finger monitor that doctors use. I use it to make sure my beta blockers working but when I see my heart rate spike I panic. Because I also had a pulmonary embolism a couple years ago and had no symptoms. But I read a high hr can be a sign so then 8 continue to check and check and it gets higher. So I set it down. Turn on one of my favorite TV shows and lay with my dogs. I check my hr and o2 10 to 20 mins later and my hr is back at normal between 62 and 72. So I know in my case it was my anxiety. Try not to check so often.
    • Posted

I'll try. I just feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle since my trip to the hospital. I'm working on correcting my poor eating habits, I shouldn't be worried about something like this when I'm so young.

• Posted

Use the my fitness pal app. I lowered my cholesterol carbs a1c sodium and calories. Lost 20 lbs. Took like 3 months but I still did it. My eating habits this past week have been not that great but will be back on track sunday. I typically don't eat frozen foods processed foods. More fresh protein fruits veggies. I do eat tuna in a can. I make egg salad but if I eat 6 eggs for eggs salad I only add 2 or 3 yokes due to the high cholesterol in the yokes. I limit my bread intake. When I want a sandwich I usually wrap my meat and cheese and stuff in lettuce but sometimes will have bread. Try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.