Heart disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can a ECG and blood test at the hospital detect heart disease or heart problems. Iv got bad anxiety and iv had then done plenty of times but still worried as I always have chest tightness and ache pains. But I do suffer from bad anxiety. But would the ecgs and blood test see if there's anything wrong. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They can HELP detect heart disease. I'm no doctor but medicine can be more complicated than just a few tests. There are foods, supplements and herbs you can consume to help you reduce your anxiety and if you're not exercising, you're doing yourself a disservice. 

• Posted

if you have damage to your heart muscle, you produce troponin, they look for that in your blood tests, when they don't find any, they are reassured there is no damage to your heart.

ECG, Dr's are trained to read those tracings that the rest of us look like nothing but scribbles.

If you look up images of normal heart ECG, and then compare to heart with left branch bundle block for example even a five year old would be able to see the difference in ECG, left branch bundle block has big long spikes on ECG, and as we have found out often never causes any problems, husband was told he probably had it for years, fit as a buck rat his entire life until about 7 years ago when a virus made him very ill.

• Posted

Hi tom70687,in short yes,blood tests and ECG show up if u have had a heart attack... unfortunately anxiety attacks may make u feel like ur having a heart attack ...did they offer u help 4 anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.