heart disease, anxiety

Posted , 11 users are following.

am awatiting heart test this week following ecg and admit to a and e week ago with palps/flutters and unable to breath calmly and tired, so worried as been reading my sings look like enlarged heart, cant understand how my GP etc missed these signs months ago on previous visits to a and e and gp, prob as they never go past just an ECG tests for me, feel let down and so worried, i look so pale and cant or dont know which way to turn at the moment, any words to help tnanks once again. worried.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Debi, sorry to hear, and try stay calm dear try not to think about it. It could just be menopause. Lord knows I thought I had tachycardia, congenital heart disease, myasthenias gravis, arrhythmias mitral valve prolapse, etc. I also couldn't breathe, I swore my heart was going to jump out of my chest and I did pass out a few times ending up in the ER, my heart was fine. I refused testing because I also knew it was related to menopause even though my doctors wanted to rule it out. But since my EKG came back normal, with a heart skip, I wasn't about to start digging into my heart for signs of minor problems that would eventually fix themselves once peripause was over.

If they find anything, which I certainly hope they don't, there is medication that will help reduce any inflammation.

But in the meantime, eat as healthy as possible, and pray or meditate because that's all we have left when nothing calms the soul but prayer. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Debi, if you have a fan turn it on, it helps you to also breathe and circulated the air. I found it helpful when I had trouble breathing. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hugs xx
  • Posted

I don't know why your GP missed this. Did a doctor tell you your heart is enlarged? Sounds like testing is being done, so take a deep breath and try to relax. Yeah, right. It might be panic attack, anxiety, or could be a heart problem. There are so many meds and treatments now that most of these things can be controlled. Keep us posted on what comes of this. Good luck.
  • Posted

Make sure that GP knows they should have taken you seriously.  Put documentation under his/her nose.  You have every right to call them on it. 

• Posted

Hi Debbie, my husband was told he had an enlarged heart but then he went to have it checked they just said he had a big heart and it wasn't enlarged. The fact that you had difficulty breathing could have been a panic attack especially as you say you couldn't breathe calmly. I was in A & E last week as I couldn't stop shaking and thought I was having a stroke - but it was anxiety brought on by problems with my head (dizziness, weird sensation). Everything turned out to be alright - the peri & menopause play havoc with our bodies. That said its better to have an heart test and rule these things out. My brother has heart disease and he takes medication for it, so there is a way forward. Try to stay open minded and calm, all will be well. Thinking of you. 
  • Posted

thanks so much for your message, if nothing else it reassured me and calmed me in time of worry.   i seem to be suffering panic attacks and anxiety and chronic stress for months resulting in this and im peri menopause too, all too much i guess and something has to give none of us is super human!    fingers crosse for good test results.    thanks again and i wish all your family wel.
    • Posted

Please try not to worry. Ive had all your symptoms and its defo been perimenopause for me.

We always think the worst in perimenopause as it really does play havoc with our body and mind.

Please keep us updated.

Praying for good test results for you.

God bless x

• Posted

Panic attacks are horrible.  I once had them after being in a war zone  You can get your head around them.  But when you first have them you feel you are having a heart attack.  You end up in the emergncy room.  After I began to recognize when one was coming on I would stop and say to myself its just panic attack... so what?? I got them under control by not letting them control me or my life.  Having an attitude of oh F' it helped too. 

• Posted

Dear Debi, So sorry to hear you are going thru this. Very glad you are having this checked out. Always remember that you are not alone. I have been going thru the same sensations and feelings. It can be scary,however,

i completely agree with the other ladies here. Prayer works wonders and try to get your mind off of it. I really love this forum and all the ladies that share their stories. We are all in this together. Don't want anyone else to suffer.....it has been comforting to know that these symptoms are universal and that I'm not losing my mind....not yet anyway. Haha

keep us updated...thoughts and uplifting prayers go out to yousmile

• Posted

Debi, hi, just wanted to tell you 3 things, for one, we are praying for you, I am, and I can tell you from personal experience, PRAYER WORKS< second of all, we are so far advanced in medical technology for most all ailments, we are not in 1916, thank the heavenly father for that, and third, i am sure you will be fine with any treatments. as the other ladies said, distract yourself, watch a good movie and/or a good book. i have been through testing and totally understand but once again i prayed about it and i am praying for you. second="" of="" all,="" we="" are="" so="" far="" advanced="" in="" medical="" technology="" for="" most="" all="" ailments,="" we="" are="" not="" in="" 1916,="" thank="" the="" heavenly="" father="" for="" that,="" and="" third,="" i="" am="" sure="" you="" will="" be="" fine="" with="" any="" treatments.="" as="" the="" other="" ladies="" said,="" distract="" yourself,="" watch="" a="" good="" movie="" and/or="" a="" good="" book.="" i="" have="" been="" through="" testing="" and="" totally="" understand="" but="" once="" again="" i="" prayed="" about="" it="" and="" i="" am="" praying="" for="">
    • Posted

I totally agree with you. Prayer does work. Yes I am praying for her also. Perimenopause is the worst time in my life but God is good. Stay blessed all of you wonderful ladies x
  • Posted

Hi Debi,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Google "66 peri menopause symptoms" within the Patient forum. It lists all these symptoms as possible peri related. Even "facial pallor".

Hope you get some answers soon. Hugs.... 

• Posted

Absolutely agree with patrathegreat! The fan is my new best friend! It helps a lot at night, just to have the air circulating helps. Hang in there girl, I have had all the symptoms that you have. The panic attacks sucksad
  • Posted

Hi hun

Just wondered how you are getting on. Any tests or results. Are you feeling better. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.