HEART DISEASE LP LS AND SCLERODEMA

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hallo

Has anyone made the connection or indeed experienced a combination of these three autoimmune related diseases. I have just read up on them and believe that I have the three. Any information or advice more than welcome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there - They seem to be auto immune related................. look up auto immune disorders on google - it will give you a list and explain how the immune system works

I have had alopecia and hives - also auto immune related.... I only started getting this since being diagnosed with LS.

Hope this helps with your question smile

• Posted

Auto-immune problems appear to be the number one cause of LS....If you keep reading different peoples messages you will start to see a pattern developing and you will think a great deal of the time--- :shock: hey that sounds like me-----I have had Utricaria (hives)-Liver function abnormalities-arthritis(osteo) -excema(which did not start until LS, but in saying that the Utricaria stopped as the LS started and I had had that for 25years!..... I also have asthma and was taken off HRT which caised a hormone imbalance so theres the list...I have found also that endometriosis seems to be up there too. Is that definately auto-immune? Makes you wonder whether as one auto starts another one finishes, only problem with that is where would one go next? :roll: OOOOps..... sounds like I am an hypercondriac :P definately not. lol.
  • Posted

Hi, I am female, in my mid-fifties and have recently been diagnosed with LS. An older female relative died from scleroderma and I also wondered if there is some connection. My gynaecologist says there is no firm evidence. But I think that neither of these conditions is very well understood. I'd be interested to know if there is any research currently going on in this area.
  • Posted

Hallo Evie.

I firmly believe Lichen Sclerosus, Lichen Planus, Sclerodema and many other autoimmune diseases often overlap. From surfing I have discovered that sclerodema is definitely related to organ diseases ie heart, lung, kidneys etc. I was diagnosed with LS and heart arrythmias at the same time. I do not have sclerodema symptoms but did mention the connection to my cardiologist. We have to inform ourselves as the medics do not appear to make the connection between the overlap of the different conditions which is vital to our prognosis. Please keep me posted if you gather more info on the overlap of the diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.