heart failure

Posted , 5 users are following.

heart pounding sweating ankles and legs swollen breathless i have all these i have had an ECG now waiting for a echo cardiogram was told if symptoms worsen to go straight to hospital this was last Thursday i am confused though as every day is worse than yesterday at what point do i go to hospital ?? x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you still have cardiac problems, do as the doctor said, present yourself at the A&E....hope you get this sorted out.....

• Posted

Agree with Kathleen, go to the hospital and get them to check you out, but it does sound as though you have a problem, and the sooner it is dealt with the better.   GP Dr told us husbands ECG was normal, cardiologist 2 weeks later nearly fell off her chair when i told her that, admitted to hospital the following day and kept for 8 days while they figured out what was going on. Heart failure, advanced.
  • Posted

Helen,

You should go to the hospital now if you feel that bad.  I have heart failure, and I can tell ;you straight away, if I felt that bad I would head to hospital without delay,  Heart failure is nothing to fool around with.  Things can worsen pretty quickly.

• Posted

i did go to the A & E Department last Thursday they were very kind and kept me in hospital a few days reassured i wasnt having an heart attack nor had i had one recently but blood pressure was high and heart racing the ecg was ok blood tests suggested there was a problem so the kept me in did repeat tests for 2 days and was allowed home but told to rest i have had my thyroid test brought forward as the doctors were sure this is the main problem at the moment and need to start medication for it asap x

• Posted

i have had an Echo gram was told nothing major showing up but wait to see my cardiologist for the finer details to be checked etc i am still the same breathless all time especially on exertion feels like a scarf round my neck ankles and legs still swollen chest tight my doctor has told me if my heart starts pounding and lasts 10 mins go hospital also if breathing worsens if chest is really tight more than 10 minutes go too x
  • Posted

results from cardiology were pulse 74bpm regular

blood pressure 133/91 mm Hg

bilateral pedal oedema 

ecg results were 

sinus rhythm 64bpm

QRS duration 76 milliseconds

QTC 400 milliseconds

THYROID functions increased levels of TSH 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.